Wanted: THE BIGGEST BADDEST ROOSTER IN GEORGIA!!!!!

I have a hen that can top any rooster out there, this is a biker-chick mean EE hen. And I have no idea why....she was hand raised, but she will just peck mercilessly at any other critter out there (except humans). Dogs, cats, roosters, rhinos, other hens, doesn't matter, she'll take chunks out of any or all of them. She's a great layer, which is the only thing that has kept her from being Sunday dinner. I just keep her in the chicken jail, a big old rabbit hutch. Anyone wanna take her on?

I have what I think would be a good candidate.

His parents were both barred rock, but he somehow came out rumpless.

He is 7 months old and showing good skills as a flock protector, give alerts when a hawk is nearby, and has chased off my SIL's cat several times. He is the hatchmate to the barred rock we talked about a couple of weeks ago.

If you want to give him a home, he is yours.

2008-12dec03-03.jpg

Quote:
guineas will only "sound the alarm",, when it comes to stepping between the threat and the hens,,,, ya need a roo.

Unfortunately, sounding the alarm accomplishes nothing when it's sounding all day long!

rooster-red, that is one mean looking boy ya got. I have a Marans hen with two fully tailed parents who came out rumpless. Apparently, there are several ways a bird can be hatched rumpless. The concensus, such as it was, is that either her egg was handled roughly, or more likely, she has a number of recessives that contributed to rumplessness, though they would not have individually.

get yourself other animals that will keep your chickens safe!!

i got four dogs and four cats that keep my yard clear of invading cats and dogs, also weasels and mice and all sorts of birds, like crows and morning doves. Everyone gets along just fine.

just join them together when they are young, so they grow up with each other, and are not separated and segregated, thats what works for me.

I have two dogs (bird dogs:rolleyes:) one of which were resposible for our first two hens' deaths. Wireless collar's battery came loose. We have two cats 4-5 months old, and two bee hives. We have other animals running around, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Anyway back to the roosters, I like the Deleware rooster, but I can;t make the sale to my daughter right now. Rooster-Red he's looks stout, but do you have any with a tail? I not too keen on the cochin thing. The black roo is too small, but looks mean. Anyone got any RIR's?

On a different note....we have just discovered our Deleware hen lays green eggs.
tongue.png
No kidding could be the sister of your roo speckled hen. Ever heard of such?????

Back
Top Bottom