Wanting to learn about Bantams!

OkChickens

Orpingtons Are Us
9 Years
Dec 1, 2010
Owasso, Oklahoma
I'm looking into getting a bantam rare breed or two to add to my flock. I am wanting a breed that lays 3 or so eggs a week. I'm wanting to get a breed that is some what rare but not an outrageous price for a dozen hatching eggs. I don't know anything about Bantams and I'm really wanting to learn! Thank you in advance!

I'm interested in Seramas, Porcilien D'ulce, Sebrights, and others(I can't remember the names)

I really like the small roos with the tail that is higher than there head! Thank you!

Nate

Last edited:
I have Seramas and Porcelian D'uccles. The Seramas lay about 1-3 eggs a wk, the D'uccles I have are older (7 y/o), so they don't lay much anymore. Old English Game bantams are tiny, alert, cute, active little birds. Used to have some Spangled OEGB hens, Angel & Audrey..best little birds I ever owned. Sadly, however, they both drowned the same day!
hit.gif

~ Aspen

Quote:
OKchickens,
For D'uccles you should contact Bob and elle Warren with Yonder Oak they are in Tribbey Oklahoma and have 9 or 10 varieties of Duccle, If you are interested in Sebright I have some of teh nicest golden you will find, as well as 1 trio of silver available as of today. If you are interested we are just east of OKC off 5 miles south of I-40

I am open to more than I listed! I really like the Bantie Roosters that "strut their stuff" with their tails taller than their heads! I am looking for a quality breed possibly 2! I am wanting a breed that is friendly and also pleasing to peoples eyes. Please help me!! Thank you!

Nate

I have a pair of Japanese bantams and the roo has gorgeous tail feathers that extend well above his head. Their wings also sit different from other breeds, hanging low and at an angle so the tips almost drag on the ground. They were originally bred to add color and beauty to Japanese formal gardens. They can be extremely friendly birds who enjoy perching on owners shoulders.

cottagechick I am wanting to sell hatching eggs and also chicks! The size of them doesn't matter. I would prefer them to not need heat in the winter.

andrea98 I have been looking into Japanese Bantams, anyone have any good pictures? What varieties of colors are there? Thank you,

Nate

I think (and someone can correct me if I am wrong) that if you are talking about a bantam that has a lf equivalent then you can just look at the info for the lf and it will be similar for the bantam (only smaller eggs). As for really small true bantams wouldn't their size make them automatically less cold tolerant? I don't know. I will see if I can figure out....or maybe someone who knows more than me can chime in...

Back
Top Bottom