Warning about Harris Farms Nuture Right 360 Incubator.

So sorry! The little chick whose foot went thru is probably broken it wont use it at all toes are curled it hobbles around the bleeding stopped it is 4 days old now, I eye drop water and it pecks at the food but just cannot cull this poor little beautiful colored polish chick, Harris offered to pay for the chick and because they have heard about the open fan sent me a silicon cover that the squares still look too large imo. I got a shelf liner with small holes to cover the grate on lockdown. yes I agree the design needs work I find it hard to take the cover off you need 2 hands. Again sorry about what you went thru.
I bought this incubator about a month ago. Worked perfect for 21 days, then on hatch day, everything went wrong. First, condensation built up way too high in the incubator and water started collecting in the digital display, even with the humidity control all the way open. The humidity was so high, the chicks wouldn't dry. Then, about six chicks hatched and I noticed that they all had bloody beaks with blood dripping down their faces, so I started watching. When the chicks would stand up under the fan, the vent holes are so large, the chicks could stick their heads up into the fan. The fan blade would smack them in the head, breaking their beaks. This is a terrible design. I snatched the chicks out of the incubator and put them directly under the heat lamp to try to save as many as possible. Then the high temperature alarm started going off on the machine (saying it was 219 degrees), the candling lamp came on and none of the buttons worked. The fan was still running so I put a thermometer inside hoping that it would still run long enough to hatch the rest of my eggs. The temperature dropped to 79 degrees and stayed there. The machine was completely broken at that point and I'm returning it.

Hi. I know This was a couple of years back but do you have the contact info to this company? I’m attempting to incubate this week and want to be sure i have Everything to ensure successful hatching. Thanks in advance.

Hi. I know This was a couple of years back but do you have the contact info to this company? I’m attempting to incubate this week and want to be sure i have Everything to ensure successful hatching. Thanks in advance.

Pasting my old comment below:

QUOTE="CluckNDoodle, post: 21275614, member: 530969

[email protected] is the email I used to contact them with questions. Unless you have a version 1, they fixed the primary complaints about this unit. I fortunately didn't have to go through the painful learning experience with version 1 and I have had great success with both the version 2 & 3. I attached the image of the old and new fan grates so you can compare yours. Good luck!

1111grate-jpg.1716015

If you look at your instructions in the box you should see the model/version number in the top right hand corner.

@Michellemcg they may be closed because of the stay at home order in so many areas right now. I know someone else recently sent me a message because they didn't hear back from them. I received a response quickly when I emailed them last year so it's possible you might have a delayed response because of this but it's really easy to tell what version you have even if you don't have the instructions.

@Michellemcg they may be closed because of the stay at home order in so many areas right now. I know someone else recently sent me a message because they didn't hear back from them. I received a response quickly when I emailed them last year so it's possible you might have a delayed response because of this but it's really easy to tell what version you have even if you don't have the instructions.
Thank you!!! You’re right! I appreciate Your response.

Pasting my old comment below:

QUOTE="CluckNDoodle, post: 21275614, member: 530969

[email protected] is the email I used to contact them with questions. Unless you have a version 1, they fixed the primary complaints about this unit. I fortunately didn't have to go through the painful learning experience with version 1 and I have had great success with both the version 2 & 3. I attached the image of the old and new fan grates so you can compare yours. Good luck!

1111grate-jpg.1716015

If you look at your instructions in the box you should see the model/version number in the top right hand corner.
YES!!!!! I have The 3.0 version!!!! Hallelujah!!! This made me so nervous!!! We are picking up 20 eggs today so I’m praying for a successful hatch!!!!! Thank you so very much for your response. Stay healthy and safe!!!

I got a 3.0 and filled it with duck and guinea fowl eggs, then got another which turned out to be a 1.0 NU for some Ebay Jersey Giants.

I noticed the NU's cover has much smaller openings than the 3.0, so I did some searching and read about the issues with the fan cover. Not being sure which model had the problematic cover, I emailed Manna Pro.

Attaching their reply because the picture is clearer.

Just curious though, has anyone had issues with the fan cover on the 3.0? Just being paranoid about how big is too big, I guess.
20200518_105025.jpg

I got a 3.0 and filled it with duck and guinea fowl eggs, then got another which turned out to be a 1.0 NU for some Ebay Jersey Giants.

I noticed the NU's cover has much smaller openings than the 3.0, so I did some searching and read about the issues with the fan cover. Not being sure which model had the problematic cover, I emailed Manna Pro.

Just curious though, has anyone had issues with the fan cover on the 3.0? Just being paranoid about how big is too big, I guess.View attachment 2146798

I have had zero issues with the fan cover on the 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0 and it looks like side "A". In the image, side "B" looks like the fan cover did on Version 1.0, the very first model made. Version 1.0NU is the newest model and has a dome top.

This was the image I put together last year of mine.

NR360 Old & New Grates.jpg

Thanks for clarifying!
From the pictures they sent, it seems like the 2-3 cover would easily replace the 1. I only had the 3 and NU to judge by, and the NU cover is significantly different (and seems much safer). See here:

20200518_153819.jpg

Thought I'd ask at BYC because searching mostly turned up the incubator in general, making here one of the few places it was easier to read about differences between versions.

Just curious though, has anyone had issues with the fan cover on the 3.0? Just being paranoid about how big is too big, I guess.View attachment 2146798
We hatched 11 chicks in the 3.0 with no issues whatsoever!! Best of luck to you!!!

Back
Top Bottom