Warning, graphic photo - My chicken was attacked, wounded and not sure how this will turn out.

xtaticca Its not at all ridiculous. We have had chickens since covid and some were pets and some were egg layers but 2 years ago we got a serama chicken, it was awesome, fun, my daughter raised it from a young age along with his 3 siblings'. One day about a month after we got them all three of the siblings all died at the same time but "plum" lived and become a house pet with outside time during the day with the other regular hens. He is a roo so we cannot keep him outside overnight but that's ok because serama are not the best cold tolerate birds. This bird would snuggle, go on hikes with us in a special backpack, he would keep our shepherd in check, and was just a joy. This weekend we went out and put him in the coop with his lady friends and when we got back my daughter "his mom" found him dead.

He has always had a few health issues now that we thought about it, he would shake all the time, we was tired alot, his comb was turning black and drooping and all three of his siblings all died suddenly before, so I ruled everything else out besides a heart or liver defect and maybe he was just a sick one who deserved the best life we could give him. We had a funeral for him complete with a "shoe box coffin" flowers, eulogy ect... It may sound silly but when a creature brings you so much joy, laughter and makes the days brighter then its worth it. I still wonder since he was only 3 years old did we do something wrong, could we have done more or was it his time.

We purposely burred him next to a hydranda that will bloom every year and once my daugher gets older and if she moves out she can take that hydrania or a piece of it with her and know that her birds spirit will be in it.

You know I lost my father last year and we were estranged and the loss of this bird has made me more sad, mostly because of the joy he brought to my kids. So no its not silly at all...
We lost our small dog today that was 11 years old and very special to my Son who has a brain tumor and other health problems. I can relate so much to this. Pets become family and when we lose them it's the same as losing a loved one to some people. We did love him and he felt that. We were blessed to have him as long as we did. So sorry for your loss of your Chickens. I have Ducks that I love so I totally get it.

We lost our small dog today that was 11 years old and very special to my Son who has a brain tumor and other health problems. I can relate so much to this. Pets become family and when we lose them it's the same as losing a loved one to some people. We did love him and he felt that. We were blessed to have him as long as we did. So sorry for your loss of your Chickens. I have Ducks that I love so I totally get it.
I am sorry for the loss, did it die or did you put it down. I think we take pets losses harder because they never judge you they just love and love you until the end. They don't argue or fight with you, they just want to make you happy. We can all learn a lot from pets and how to treat others.

I'm so sorry for your loss😢

I am sorry for the loss, did it die or did you put it down. I think we take pets losses harder because they never judge you they just love and love you until the end. They don't argue or fight with you, they just want to make you happy. We can all learn a lot from pets and how to treat others.
It ended up with chronic kidney failure and was doing really bad so we had to put it down.

Sorry about your dog.

We had to put ours down this past August.

Back
Top Bottom