Wart? Gowth? Tumour? Pox? Inside the corner od the beak.

It could be the wet form of fowl pox if there was still some pox floating around the coop with shed scabs. But canker also can cause yellow plaques inside the beak and throat and down into the esophagus and crop. Does it smell bad? Canker tends to have a bad odor, and is brought in by wild birds and pigeons. Canker is treated with anti-protozoan drugs, such as Fish Zole (metronidazole, Flagyl) and ronidazole, which can be found on fish and pigeon sites. There is no cure for wet fowl pox, as it lasts several weeks.
I didn't smell anything from her mouth. She had no odd odor. I checked down her throat but couldn't get a good look cause she was very jumpy. As far as I could see, there were no other pox. She is eating fine and is over all active. She has this squishy pox, next to her infected beak side (refer to pic) But she has had that for months and there seemed to be no growth.

I saw another hen today with the same kind of pox. Her's seems to be very small as compared to the first hen. She seems to be closing her eye (the one in the picture) here and there. The inside of her eye seems a bit red, but that just must have been me. @Eggcessive @azygous

Attachments

• 20210616_152307.jpg
    20210616_152307.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 3
Pox does spread to other chickens, but mosquitoes have also spread the joy. I think these chickens should be immune from fowl pox after they manage to heal from the lesions.

Pox does spread to other chickens, but mosquitoes have also spread the joy. I think these chickens should be immune from fowl pox after they manage to heal from the lesions.
Let's hope so!
We are having terrible rain storms over here. All of my flock got wet from head to toe eventhough they had access to shade and shelter. Plus, with all the water puddles the mosquitoes are bound to increase. Is there anything I can do to help them? I also heard a few wheezing.

No one fighting nature has any chance of winning. You have an uphill battle, but trying to give the chickens a place to shelter from the rain, even if they choose not to use it, should help. Keep an eye on their food that it doesn't get damp and grow mold. That will really make them sick.

Mold may already be growing in places and affecting their respiratory systems. Good air circulation can help.

No one fighting nature has any chance of winning. You have an uphill battle, but trying to give the chickens a place to shelter from the rain, even if they choose not to use it, should help. Keep an eye on their food that it doesn't get damp and grow mold. That will really make them sick.

Mold may already be growing in places and affecting their respiratory systems. Good air circulation can help.
Thanks, I will keep mold and circulation in mind.
Can I ease wet fowl pox in any way?

Back
Top Bottom