Warts on my Ducks' Bills and Feet

It seems like recently someone had posted something similar to this. It was on the duck's bill and was very black and ugly. I'm going to see if I can find that thread.

found it! https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/duckbill-sore-growth.1331848/
The OP never answered back though. I wonder if it's the same thing?
Yes, they look like these except mine are more on the top near the nares rather than the edges or tip of the bill. I don't know if that is important difference.

Not possible to control mosquitoes here either. We're surrounded by PNW rain forest and on a river. LOL We have invaded the mosquitoes habitat. Verne never seemed lethargic at all. Do your ducks?
No. My "Duck Mafia" (as my neighbor calls them) seem to act the same.

Not possible to control mosquitoes here either. We're surrounded by PNW rain forest and on a river. LOL We have invaded the mosquitoes habitat. Verne never seemed lethargic at all. Do your ducks?
One is ruffled (scruffy, disheveled) and a bit lethargic. He is the worst - many large warts on his bill. But then he already had a deformed bill.

I did a little more research and found this article, which recommends this:
  1. Offer tetracycline antibiotics in the water to help control secondary infections. 300mg of Terramycin per gallon of drinking water for 3 days followed by a vitamin supplement in the water.
  2. Treats scabs with a dilute iodine solution.
  3. Apply ointment to soften scabs. (Mix 2 tablespoons of sulfur powder with 1/2 cup Vaseline. Apply to affected areas daily until lesion is healed.)
  4. Mix diluted iodine solutions into the flock’s drinking water. (Iodine solution for drinking water: Mix 1 teaspoon of 1% iodine solution per gallon of water OR 1/2 teaspoon of 2% iodine solution per gallon. Provide as the only source of drinking water until outbreak subsides.)
  5. Clean coop and run with the objective of removing hot debris from the premises.
  6. Sanitize drinking water.
Here's the article if you want to read more:

https://www.petpitari.com/2018/12/08/fowl-pox/

I did a little more research and found this article, which recommends this:
  1. Offer tetracycline antibiotics in the water to help control secondary infections. 300mg of Terramycin per gallon of drinking water for 3 days followed by a vitamin supplement in the water.
  2. Treats scabs with a dilute iodine solution.
  3. Apply ointment to soften scabs. (Mix 2 tablespoons of sulfur powder with 1/2 cup Vaseline. Apply to affected areas daily until lesion is healed.)
  4. Mix diluted iodine solutions into the flock’s drinking water. (Iodine solution for drinking water: Mix 1 teaspoon of 1% iodine solution per gallon of water OR 1/2 teaspoon of 2% iodine solution per gallon. Provide as the only source of drinking water until outbreak subsides.)
  5. Clean coop and run with the objective of removing hot debris from the premises.
  6. Sanitize drinking water.
Here's the article if you want to read more:

https://www.petpitari.com/2018/12/08/fowl-pox/
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom