Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    HallerLake- have you ever seen the japanese china that has a picture of one of their presidents/monarch's in the bottom of the cup= i.e. when you hold it up to light it reveals the picture of the person imprinted in the porcelin? I have a whole kid-size set of that, as well as one tea cup/saucer. I was fascinated with that china when I was a kid. I have no idea the age, but it has a very artistic raised dragon pattern on it, with gold leaf on the rim. (It's still packed or I'd take a picture)

2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I would have to buy a camera for it. I was thinking of planting berries... black berries and stuff. But then the corn thing i thought would be kinda funny because they'd be eating it and that stuff tastes so gross.
    the majority of my planting area is out in front. But this year i plan to only plant the good stuff in the back yard. going to get a lot of large pots, or totes to use as pots for tomatoes and peppers.

3. RainMom

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    How about just trying to make a sign that says "I work very hard to grow this garden for my family. Please do not eat from my garden" , or using "crime scene" tape to mark it off with "private garden, please do NOT help yourself" or something similar. Or, netting? I just bought a 5 x 10 foot next in Seattle from a net 'recycler" for $30.

4. Rainwolf

Rainwolf De La Menagerie

Aug 4, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    My Coop

Maybe you can borrow a web cam or something? You can also try a fake sign/etc and hope that people believe it..
    Sucks that anyone would steal food from another that has worked hard for it.

5. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  6. beausonge

beausonge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2011
    Kelso, WA
    That is hilarious! If I wasn't on my iPad, I could use all kinds of emoticons!

7. RainMom

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    Hey thanks!

I never knew what that was called- googling that phrase, plus dragonware plus geisha- here's a set like what I have- except I only have the cups and saucers- no idea what happened to the tea pot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragonware-...320?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cb70a3a8

8. RainMom

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    and I am hittin the hay- way too long a day for a sick person[​IMG]

9. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  10. beausonge

beausonge Chillin' With My Peeps