Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ChickAudie

ChickAudie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2012
    I got a call from Ideal, they have my Red Shouldered Yokohamas! I will be placing my order this weekend, if you would like one, you can have one, no charge, I just need to know how many you will want.

2. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop

3. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Check out the Washington Feather Fanciers website, it's a poultry show in Monroe on March 16th :)

4. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Here ya go
    http://washingtonfeatherfanciers.webs.com/wffspringshow.htm

5. Chickielady

Chickielady Spiritwood Farms Premium Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Raymond, WA
    My Coop
    No, get after pettec63 for my Buckeye line.
    I also sold some stock to 'Sumatradama' who is in Hermiston.

6. Chickielady

Mar 10, 2010
    Raymond, WA
    My Coop
    I also had 2 e-mail messages from BYCers that apparently did not send the messages.
    These e-mails were a link to some odd ball "Raspberry weight loss system" and the 3 of us (so far) are wondering if BYC has not been hacked ?

Anywho...I am off to start the pot roast & ran out of propane~~~~~~~~~~~~~yikes I better get on it before I get too involved in BYC stuff as I usually do ! [​IMG]

7. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    I had 5 different broodies last year, some going broody a couple times. No one seems inclined to go broody for me right now. [​IMG]

Even the silkies who should be now, because of the pattern they had been following, have decided that they'd rather be able to just eat all the young grass themselves without worrying about kids.

I have my stash of eggs I'm cycling in hopes of one of them sitting. I have silkie eggs sitting in nests in the two pens to encourage sitting.

Omelet the rock was playing pretend in the nest boxes for the last few days, but I think she keeps getting kicked out because she likes the favorite nests. She's not quite done molting, but I think sitting would let her feathers grow back in on her rear. She's super friendly and comes to her name, so she'd be a great one to raise chicks.

8. Chickielady

Mar 10, 2010
    Raymond, WA
    My Coop
    I am also looking to buy, 2 hen & 1 drake Skovie or 4 hens 2 drakes skovie duckles, can pick up at the show or if close ?
    It is for a young girl in So Bend, color not important and pet quality although she loves having multi colored birds, Thanks, send e-mails if you can do this & price.

9. MrRenz

MrRenz New Egg

Oct 14, 2012
    Tried posting to the Re-Homing Forum, but didn't get any responses. So, I will try it here.

I have a Coronation Sussex Cockerel that I need to rehome. He was hatched on 11/11/12. Has been handled since birth (shortly after) and is incredibly tame, he loves to be held and petted. He was hatched in my classroom and since he ended up being a him instead of a her, I can't keep him due to local city ordinances.

Would love to get him to a new home soon, he has been living in the garage so the neighbors don't hear him crowing (it isn't really crowing yet, but, he tries) in the morning. It is kind of cute to hear him try to crow in the morning when we open the garage door to leave for the day.

Won't ship him, but, might drive a bit to hand him off to someone in Western Washington a reasonable distance.

Would prefer him to not be on the dinner menu any time soon.

Pictures were taken a month ago while he was living in a temporary cage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ChickAudie

ChickAudie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2012
    Good luck MrRenz! He sure is a handsome guy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by