Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Msg sent Farmin Mama

I have a pair of BLRW chicks hatched at the end of DEC. located in north Seattle, anyone want them for $25 for the pair?
I am positive 1 is a roo and pretty sure second is a pullet but no guarantees

Still looking for hatching eggs of:
Runner ducks
Meat ducks (want to test my bator with ducks as well ashave some for the freezer)
Heritage stock Rhode Island Reds
Heritage stock Barred Rocks
Heritage stock ?What do you have?
Maran from dark egg stock
LF Ameraucana to add in more possibles to my flock.

What do you breed?

Do not need any OE's, EE's, BLRW or Orpingtons.
I just got dark eggs from Kummer farms- in Black Diamond. He's got Barnevelders, welsummers, russian Orloffs, etc.

Tried posting to the Re-Homing Forum, but didn't get any responses. So, I will try it here.

I have a Coronation Sussex Cockerel that I need to rehome. He was hatched on 11/11/12. Has been handled since birth (shortly after) and is incredibly tame, he loves to be held and petted. He was hatched in my classroom and since he ended up being a him instead of a her, I can't keep him due to local city ordinances.

Would love to get him to a new home soon, he has been living in the garage so the neighbors don't hear him crowing (it isn't really crowing yet, but, he tries) in the morning. It is kind of cute to hear him try to crow in the morning when we open the garage door to leave for the day.

Won't ship him, but, might drive a bit to hand him off to someone in Western Washington a reasonable distance.

Would prefer him to not be on the dinner menu any time soon.

Pictures were taken a month ago while he was living in a temporary cage.

Sure this is a he ??
No face wattles...looks like a hen ?????????????
Does 'he' have hackle ?
Hope you find a home nonethe less !

HI NANCY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
frow.gif

and now I gotta go finish the sweetie pie dinner ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
big_smile.png

Q: who was it that has the gorgeous Tolbunt Polish on here?

Are their any local folks who sell polish chicks? I want one or 2 polish "just for fun".

I still need:
another 5-12 hens for my son
a replacement rooster (easier than chicken saddles)
a broody hen (in case the inCOOLbator fails)

and ......A secretary to handle all this other junk so I can attend meet ups and spend more time enjoying our chickens!

(BTW- I am trying to get to know everyone in here, but have been going 100 MPH with all kinds of fires I'm putting out lately, so if I don't respond to something, please don't think I am ignoring you. I am so bummed I missed the IKEA meet up.)

Looking good Chickielady!

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to buy seeds from?  I have looked through a few catalogs, and it seems that ebay has the best prices, but they also aren't from a clearly reputable organic/heirloom grower.  I'm having trouble justifying spending $50 on seeds, or $40+$6shipping.  I haven't gone anywhere locally, but I'd really like to find high quality organic or heirloom seeds.

Also, does anyone have any asparagus crowns or honeysuckle vines, or know where to get those?

I have been away all day so I'm a little behind on whats going on. I went to work for the first time in nearly 4 years today and it was wonderful. It will definitely be a transition for me. I'm use to working with 1200lb animals in the dirt for the last 4 years and am now working at Lowe's in the Lawn and Garden Center. I will still be working with 1200lb animals in the dirt but this new job will bring some much needed income as well as a new sense of purpose to my life. I will also be able to spoil not only my horses but also my chickens
celebrate.gif

Looking good Chickielady!

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to buy seeds from?  I have looked through a few catalogs, and it seems that ebay has the best prices, but they also aren't from a clearly reputable organic/heirloom grower.  I'm having trouble justifying spending $50 on seeds, or $40+$6shipping.  I haven't gone anywhere locally, but I'd really like to find high quality organic or heirloom seeds.

Also, does anyone have any asparagus crowns or honeysuckle vines, or know where to get those?
Sorry about that last one I'm using my phone and hit the wrong button. Have you looked at Territorial Seed Co. They are out of Cottage Grove Oregon and have a decent variety. We've pick our seed up from there for a few years now. Try them online www.territorialseed.com

Q: who was it that has the gorgeous Tolbunt Polish on here?

Are their any local folks who sell polish chicks? I want one or 2 polish "just for fun".

I still need:
another 5-12 hens for my son
a replacement rooster (easier than chicken saddles)
a broody hen (in case the inCOOLbator fails)

and ......A secretary to handle all this other junk so I can attend meet ups and spend more time enjoying our chickens!

(BTW- I am trying to get to know everyone in here, but have been going 100 MPH with all kinds of fires I'm putting out lately, so if I don't respond to something, please don't think I am ignoring you. I am so bummed I missed the IKEA meet up.)
I don't know If I am to far for you or what ages you are looking for but I have three roosters that you could pick from if you wanted. Let me know and I will send you pictures of them.
I have been away all day so I'm a little behind on whats going on. I went to work for the first time in nearly 4 years today and it was wonderful. It will definitely be a transition for me. I'm use to working with 1200lb animals in the dirt for the last 4 years and am now working at Lowe's in the Lawn and Garden Center. I will still be working with 1200lb animals in the dirt but this new job will bring some much needed income as well as a new sense of purpose to my life. I will also be able to spoil not only my horses but also my chickens
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
Congrats on your new job! Oh I want a job so badly. It is just hard cause it has to be with in the hours that our kids are at school. Not many jobs will take me with those hours. I have been told about 7 time (at interviews) that I am perfect for the job in question but to come back when my schedual changes. You must be so happy and feeling good!

Back
Top Bottom