Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Just finished watching our brand new BluRay of Disney's Peter Pan. I'd forgotten what a great and magical movie it was and it was so special watching it as a family. The kids were seriously enthralled through the whole movie! Bedtime for the little people now!

2. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

Go sting go fly away bee before you get captured by a bee wrangler ! ! !

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  3. SweetSilver

SweetSilver Chillin' With My Peeps

Cleaned out the coop today. I had no idea there was so much hay in there! We have a huge pile of pooey hay ready to be rained on and turn into lovely, lovely compost. Started opening up the coop so it can have more air circulation-- all those open spaces were duly covered with boards, tarps, or stuffed with hay for the winter, but I am feeling balmy. I worked all afternoon in short sleeves. I have to be careful when I work not to step on the sweet little d'anvers that follow me around. So, now the coop is light and airy. I left the floor bare to air and dry it out before getting a fresh round of hay. I just have the nesting boxes to freshen with the new hay and all will be fresh and new.

We will be picking up our new chicks from the feed store this year instead of ordering them in. That means I can't get the breeds I really want, but it also means we can get 6 chicks and 6 ducklings and not scramble to the post office. We have a basement this year instead of a garage, so the brooder will be easier to maintain, and we're going to get the little ones and the brooder out into a chicken tractor after a week or so to get them access to grass. I had trouble with coccidiosis last year and I've read to get them on the grass asap or bring the grass and sod to them.

4-H is gearing up for spring, and I am feeling busy. I get to garden this year after doing nothing last year, and we are so excited! Ready to plant the favas here any day.

4. sarahkatie

sarahkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington
    Hey Itsren! Glad to see you back!!

To all others :) hi ! Know I read all the posts. Just am doing it from my phone :p

5. sarahkatie

sarahkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington
    X2

6. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state
    I'm on my phone and quoting is a pain, so I'm going to try to remember:

For people stealing produce out of the yard: I would plant a regular, yummy looking garden and spray it everyday with the hottest habenero sauce I could find. :)

Welcome lutefisk. I'm in Mason county, too, near the Olympia Oyster Company.

And...that's the extent of my memory's capabilities.

Oh yeah, I have Ancona ducks eggs. They are a dual purpose breed. Kate - remember I told you I would give you some this year when you hatched some for me last year? Let me know if you want some.

And seeds - Territorial Seed Company and Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds both carry only non-GMO.

The whole GMO labeling thing - I think we should be able to choose whether or not we eat them. I personally don't want to. Hybridizing and genetically modifying are not the same thing.

OK...I think that about covers it. :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]Hi back atcha ROBIN, I strayed off course to watch 'Person of Interest,' and "Elementary.'.

8. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Wait, how did you watch them already, they don't start for 15 more minutes

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    do I have to confess?? I live in Illinois but, my son lives in Redmond, Wa. I won't giveaway any spoilers.

10. TerrorBird

TerrorBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2012
    Snohomish
    There's something better: ghost pepper sauce.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by