Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    My incoolbator (love the name btw) worked despite the temp not staying even. I only quit using it because i got an actual incubator with an egg turner.
    As long as it doesn't get to hot you should be fine.

2. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    I finally bought one of those round chick feeders that you screw a mason jar onto. Then when I got home I realized my standard mouth mason jars are only 8oz! LOL!! So now I need to get to the thrift store and find a quart mason jar with a standard mouth opening. Doh!

3. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    I want her young enough to become friendly without being a chick. Raising a chick isn't something I'm ready to do.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  4. robj

robj Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    If your looking for a nice Blue Wheaten Ameraucana try Lyn Apodaca at Del Tierra/Stoney Earth Farm.She has very nice birds we picked up a couple last year and we are going to pick up a couple more this year. [email protected] (253)677-6589. Or if you want to order a bunch you can try www.ourflybabies.com that's where I was going to get them until I found them local. They also have very nice birds.

5. FirewifeJess

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey

6. robj

robj Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    I forgot to say that she is out near Gig Harbor

7. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Thank you Robj!

ohhhh.... is that Cowgirl Grace?

ETA: that e-mail didn't work, but I found her facebook page and sent her a message. I'd love to go see her tunnel! I loved talking to her at the Chehalis show.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  8. chickenwings

chickenwings Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Cheney, WA
    Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind if I join this thread! We live on 5 acres near Cheney, WA & got our first chickens about a year ago and they have been a blast! This year we have been busy focusing on finding a rabbit for my daughter's 4-H project and plan on building a greenhouse to combat our crazy valley microclimate and hopefully grow tomatoes! I am getting REALLY excited for spring lol.

9. FirewifeJess

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    [​IMG] And the CRAZY fast and fun WA thread! Jump on in! I'm over on the wet side but it's nice to meet ya!

10. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA

Welcome!

Warning, this thread can move fast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by