Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I can't wait til this weekend. Going to be setting up my duck pen and going to point defiance zoo. They are doing a shark educational fun and games day there saturday and sunday. It's going to be fun and probably crowded.

2. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Hey Lutefisk..... Swedish???
    I'm not too far.... Bremerton.
    [​IMG]

3. LaughingFeather

LaughingFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Kitsap, Washington
    Been gone a few days, 50 pages. can not keep up. must have life elsewhere. So hello everyone, hope your valentines day was great.

4. CarolynF

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    LOVE delicata squash. We grew them for the first time last summer. Thanks for the link, I think I'll try that method next time, it lloks really good!

5. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Just made these: http://iowagirleats.com/2013/01/15/make-ahead-fruit-yogurt-breakfast-parfaits/
    and these: http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2012/11/how-to-make-perfect-hard-boiled-eggs-in-the-oven.html
    for tomorrow morning. An egg and a parfait should keep the kids stuffed to the rafters until lunch with Slinglings and kids. I'm SO excited we have recently figured out that the kids have healed enough that they can now eat some dairy! No more dairy allergies after 18 months of being strictly off all dairy everywhere. Yess!! [​IMG]

6. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    So...................

Our inCOOLbator is having issues- the temp is fluctuating from 95 to 101, up and down, without any rhyme or reason.

I'm wondering if the lightbulb is weak or ? (like it has too many "hours" on it already?). We used a hot water heater thermostat, and we've got it rigged with a backup bulb in case bulb #1 goes out. The InCOOLbator is away from drafts (as best as possible)

I'm worried our eggs are just going to end up being, well.......rotten eggs......

7. FirewifeJess

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Boo, I hope you get that figured out! You know what? I bet it will still be OK though. Broodies do get up and eat/drink/poop and leave their nest once or twice a day. There's no way naturally hatched eggs are always at 99 ;) There may be hope!

8. BantyChickenLuv

BantyChickenLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2012
    Oregon
    I think it should be fine as long as it returns to its natural temperature. I have my eggs in my Brinsea set to cool for 1 hour each day and the temp. drops to 85*. Something must be going right because all 7 eggs I set are developing strong and lockdown is on Monday.

9. CarolynF

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Hi All

I'd really like to get your help. I thought I'd found a source for a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana that would lay a blue egg, not green. But...

So now I'm on the search again. I contacted Jean (pip & peeps) and she won't have any at the Monroe show, nor will Royce (tailfeathers).

So, my wish list is 1) Blue egg 2) good layer 3) about 3-4 months old 4) a blue wheaten would be the icing on the cake.

She'll be strictly a layer since I don't breed or show.

PLEEEEZE Rescue Me, I'm soooo frustrated with this search! Thank You!!!!

10. FirewifeJess

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Any reason for the particular age you listed? Seattle Farm Supply gets their Ameraucanas (fancy EEs LOL) from Cackle Hatchery. He's got 3 days old chicks in stock right now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by