Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Chickielady

Chickielady Spiritwood Farms Premium Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Raymond, WA
    My Coop
    UGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That scares the dickens outta me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish you well & fingers crossed for you sweet heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Totalcolour

Totalcolour Songster

CarolynF

I don't think I responded to the goat meat thing - it's really awesome. It DOESN"T taste like lamb, more like pork. It's slightly more rosy, and a tiny bit stronger taste but really good and if it's young, tender like veal. If I'm recovered enough to have a party/BBQ this spring/summer, of course you are welcome, as are any BYC buddies willing to make the drive.

ETA: It doesn't taste like chicken!)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  3. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Songster

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa
    Zgoatlady- Congrats on your friend badge and for also getting the 4 yr badge.
    I am truly jelouse of all of you with cool badges!

Anyways, had a great time with FirewifeJess, her kids, Slingling and her kids. I feel bad though because my house was a mess[​IMG], I had begun to clean this morning but quickly lost interest in that and sat on my butt until just before they got here. Then I realized how absolutely Gorgiouse it was out side and sense I was intending on cleaning the coop this weekend I decided to do it while I was waiting for them to arrive.
    Man they both have such GREAT kids that are so well behaved I [​IMG] having them here! I was even able to give Jess some movies for her kids that mine are to old to watch now, they have just been sitting here and I don't know anyone with kids that young so very glad I was able to find some kids to pass them onto.

There was also a plan for Jess to transport a Rooster to Rainmom for me. But I think that little turd is eather a mind reader or understands english because when I went out to catch him, at first he was no where to be found (which is odd, he is always out in the open) and then he would not come onto my side of the fence. He stayed out with the pigs and there is no way to catch him out there[​IMG]. Then he did come to my side at one point at which he promptly hid from me under our SUV. Sara tried to help me scare him out from under there, I almost cought him and then out into the pig area he went and refused to come back in.

After everyone took off, I managed to finnish cleaning the coop [​IMG]!

In other news.... I found a house that I really REALLY want. It is only on 6 acres, but I think I can make it work. The house was built in 1902 and has the most Quorkey lay out. Oh how I want this one, so we are going to look at it on Sunday. I was kinda hoping to move more south, like Enumclaw (sp?) and this one is in Lake Stevens/Granite Falls but that is just fine because the house and everything on the property are perfect. I wont get my hopes up on this one though, as I have lost every house that I have wanted.

Hope everyone was able to get out and enjoy the sun today. I know I did.
    Thank you Jess and Sara for a great time.

4. robj

robj Chirping

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    That's Funny!![​IMG]

5. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    HELLOOOOOOO!!!!

Hope everyone is well! Sorry I have not been on much, just busy with life. Rainwolf reached me via text saying that Farmin Momma was trying to reach me for eggs, so I just PM'd you!!!
    If anybody else wants hatching eggs from me, please let me know! You can PM me or reach me via Facebook at Storybook Farms, but I have started my lists to keep track of who wants what so I can make sure I follow up with you all. They are not laying up a storm yet, but I imagine they will soon. I have BLRW, splash feather footed Marans, Olive Eggers at this time. Maybe later this summer may have some Serama's, bantam cochins and bantam Salmon/blue Salmon Faverolles, but need to hatch some for myself first before I can part with any eggs.

I am also still on the look out to replace my blue/black/splash Ameraucana rooster, if anybody has any leads, please let me know. I had emailed Jean, and haven't heard back. Hoping she had something I might be able to pick up at the Monroe show.

I also have 2 extra gorgeous BLRW roosters looking for new homes, or they will be going in our freezer. They just started crowing, hatched mid november. They are FREE if anybody wants one!

Things here are ok. Trying to come to terms that my oldest DD will be heading off to college at WSU this summer.........this momma bear is gonna miss her!
    DH has been having back problems. Went to urgent care with him Monday. His Dr. yesterday. We are leaving here shortly to get an MRI done. I was astounded that they had appt's for that at 6:30 pm on a friday night? So any good thought would be appreciated in that department!

Spent the day running around and missed being out in the sun working in the yard! Waaaaaaaaaaa!
    Anyway, that is all that is new here. Will try and come back later tonight or tomorrow and catch up with ya'll!!!!
    Tamara

6. robj

robj Chirping

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    Ya know I was looking at hatching eggs on BYC last week I think there was someone from our area with eggs. Not sure if she had chicks I'll try and find her info.

7. KMHunter

KMHunter [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Cr

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop
    You can get it at most grocery stores. Or a whole Foods, or Natural food store.
    Make sure you don't put it in a galvanized metal waterer. Should only be put in plastic waterers. The acid in the ACV breaks down and corrodes the metal. Not good for the chooks. [​IMG]

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  9. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Songster

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Well we're home and the chicks are set up in a brooder overnight. They don't seem very stable :( I hope I don't lose any. Cleaned up one's pasty butt and got her dry but she is wobbley on her feet and won't stop chirping like there is something wrong. I hope she lives, I really wanted another RIR

10. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Songster

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Oh and did I mention: don't ever, ever, EVER try to drive through Seattle on the way home on a beautiful Friday during rush hour. What took one hour to drive this morning, took two hours to drive this afternoon. UGH!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by