Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Hi Kate, Thanks for the info on the dog waterers, I've never had one like that but obviously it works. When I got the info on making my nipple watering system using a 5 gallon bucket I was told it needed a tiny hole, so that's what I did -- no leaks though. The only time I had a leak (continuous dripping) was when the nipple and o-ring weren't well seated.

2. beausonge

beausonge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2011
    Kelso, WA

[​IMG]

Vitamin C always works for me.[​IMG]

3. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    It was great to have help. Honestly my 9 year old niece was more help then my husband would have been. She can take instructions without questioning what i'm doing. And when I cut myself putting the kennel together she didn't wait and ask "are you okay" she saw blood and ran for a bandaid without asking. My husband would want to see it first.

and as for ducks. All ya need to know is they like bread LOL

4. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    To Everyone With Chicks: Sounds like it's going pretty well and for the most part you're enjoying the process.
    Thanks for all the pics. I didn't know chicks have an umbilical cord, wow! What does it connect to inside the egg, the yolk?

My time here is much more limited for now and I'm going to be out of town for the last part of the month, but I'm reading when I can and contributing when I have something that might be useful.
    If I've missed something important that you have shared please forgive me.
    Keep up all the good work everyone, I love this group!

robj... I'm in touch with Lyn (cowgirl grace) and hoping it pans out. Thanks!

Oh... one other thing. I just found out my DD is going to appear in this year's Moisture Festival!!!
    What? You haven't heard of Seattle's Moisture Festival? Well, let me tell you a little about it...
    The Moisture Festival is the world's largest Comedy/Varietè festival, running for four weeks every spring in Seattle, March 21 - April 14 this year.
    Comedy/Varietè is an intriguing assortment of entertainment. It is highly skilled performance mixed with many bizarre talents, often humorous, with no limit to the imagination. Presented as a variety show, each act or artist performs his or her routine within a 3-15 minute time slot while being accompanied by a live show band.

Here's their link
    DD will be performing in both shows at Hale's Palladium in Fremont on April 7. I am sooo excited because most of her performances have been for private functions for companies like Amazon and Microsoft and Mom's aren't on the guest list. What makes her performance more unique is that she's quite tall doing the kind of stunts generally done by acrobats that are quite tiny. Have you ever noticed how tiny gymnasts and Chinese acrobats are? Same issues. And her partner has to be much stronger to be able to throw/catch her. I can hardly wait!!!

5. ChickAudie

ChickAudie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2012
    Wow! That sounds exciting!!!

6. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop
    I need so help or at least ideas please,
    I have 3 chainlink panels that have been laying down for 2 years and the grass has growen into them like a web. Last year had the guys try to help me get them pulled up and no go. tried to burn the grass but the sod is in there. I was going to try digging each out my had on my hands and knees but my son thinks Im nuts. They are big panels and I dont have the money to get more of them and I really want them for a big run to help seperate my color English Orps.
    A friend said to hook truckup and pull them out I think Id have one throught the window of the truck and it just wouldnt work, husband said to have neighbor come over with plow thing and pull them out but dont you think that will distroy them. 2 of them are like 6x12 and the other one 6x6 or 6x8. Im not a happy camper right now..[​IMG]

7. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    My dad took my g-mas kennel after she died. Nobody wanted it becuase it had blackberries growing in it. He undid all the nuts/bolts (painfully) then hooked a tow chain to each panel one at a time and pulled them out with his truck. he went slow. very slow. But they do come out that way with little damage. at least these did it would depend on amount of rust, and quality of kennel.
    But right now what good are they doing you? If they get pulled out you should be able to fix any damage they get.

8. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop
    Oh thats a good idea never thougt of that one, your right doing me no good right now. Plus cant leave them there for ever..
    Thank you so much!! so since the one I have is laying flat on the ground at least I could save the metal panel part if all fails could get new fencing for it...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  9. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state
    If you have time to wait, you could cover them with that black plastic stuff that kills weeds then try to pull them up when everything growing through them is dead. Not sure how effective that would be. It probably depends on how much and what is growing through them.

10. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Try using a flat shovel to cut through the mat on top of a panel until can break it free?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by