Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

2. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle

3. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa

4. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Maybe this isn't the place to ask this but i think several of you have kids. Any ideas how to get the smell of vomit out of a carpet? Also how to get the stain out? I rent i cannot replace the carpet because the landlord seems to be scared i'll put a carpet in that might stain or something. The carpets are white. Why do they even make white carpet? Why would a landlord put white carpet in? I mean seriously?
    All i can think is maybe rip that carpet out if i find some used carpet cheap and not say anything to the landlord. maybe it's wrong but it's a white carpet with half of that rooms floor stained pinkish red. My niece had a tall glass of powerade (red) before bed. *sigh*
    I tried vinegar last night to keep the dogs away from the room and take the smell out. After the smell of vinegar was gone it went back to the puke smell. I tried lysol, Perfume, mens spray deoderant, Carpet shampoo..... All of them wore off quickly going back to the smell. :( it's just so gross. Any ideas? I'm not a mom I don't know how to clean this up.

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Can you go to the grocery store up front where they rent those carpet cleaning machines? I rented one once and it did a great job. Now I have a Bissell cleaner and it also does a good job except for stairs. My attachment broke.

For spot cleaning, I buy Folex carpet cleaner at Home Depot and it works GREAT!

Always test a small inconspicuous area first.

6. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA

FarminMama- can you hear me? I'm over here screaming "paneling alert! paneling alert". Pull that paneling off - and look behind it! ( or have your inspector do that) . (When we removed our paneling, there was massive wall damage- lathe was split beyond repair, water damage, smoke damage, rats nests, and live carpenter ants, eating our walls, so happily!)

Removing lathe is horrible- it's dirty, heavy, messy stuff, and the other options are putting 1/4" drywall over and butting it up to the trim, or replacing damaged lathe with drywall- but then when you try to take trim off to save it, you inevitably split all the old , gorgeous hardwood straight-grain trim, which sucks because you can't even find old growth like that t replace it- bot unless you have a huge budget like "This Old House" does.

There's my (unsolicited) .02.

7. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Right now I don't have the money to rent a carpet cleaner. I have to hand clean it. It really sucks. I do plan to this spring/summer rent a carpet cleaner and do my whole house. I want a clean carpet. but 2 dogs and a white carpet.

8. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Well if she's only now just barely thinking about going broody, I want her sitting dutifully for at least a week before I give her chicks. Reber doesn't have chicks until Mar. 1st, then another batch on the 8th. I'll just wait until someone goes broody again and give that one a couple white egg layers. Lucy is doing beautifully with the chicks. I just brought them out a spoonful of greek yogurt to try and Lucy chowed down, the chicks turned up their nose at what was on the spoon but happily ate off Lucy's face. [​IMG]

9. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  10. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by