Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Maybe this isn't the place to ask this but i think several of you have kids. Any ideas how to get the smell of vomit out of a carpet? Also how to get the stain out? I rent i cannot replace the carpet because the landlord seems to be scared i'll put a carpet in that might stain or something. The carpets are white. Why do they even make white carpet? Why would a landlord put white carpet in? I mean seriously?
All i can think is maybe rip that carpet out if i find some used carpet cheap and not say anything to the landlord. maybe it's wrong but it's a white carpet with half of that rooms floor stained pinkish red. My niece had a tall glass of powerade (red) before bed. *sigh*
I tried vinegar last night to keep the dogs away from the room and take the smell out. After the smell of vinegar was gone it went back to the puke smell. I tried lysol, Perfume, mens spray deoderant, Carpet shampoo..... All of them wore off quickly going back to the smell. :( it's just so gross. Any ideas? I'm not a mom I don't know how to clean this up.
Yep. Try a white vinager and water. (I use 1/2 c to qt) You can use stronger. Test in a closet. Wet the carpet down thoroughly. Let set for 30 min or so then blot with clean rags. Very good for stains on a mattress, or in your car. (you may have to do several treatments)
To clean your microwave, a mix of 1/2 and 1/2 of vin and water in a cup. Boil in the micro. Let set. Wipe out. Voila done.
These actually work, yours truely has test them several times.
thumbsup.gif

I'll have to try them. My favorite pizza is the Strada Sussina at Casa Mia, but sadly, it's not gluten free.

Would you mind sharing your GF crust recipe? I've tried a bunch of the mixes, but haven't really found one I like. They all have xantham gum, too, which does bad things to my stomach if I eat too much of it.
I don't know anything about the Paleo diet on particular, but I really think the key to being healthy is to eat in moderation and avoid processed foods as much as possible.

Believe me, I would not be gluten free if it didn't make me miserable to eat it. Some days I crave a fresh baked loaf of bread. It's hard for me not to go down to the Bread Peddler and eat a whole baguette by myself.
My daughter Abbie has known Emmy since first grade. They play sports together and are in the same grade at Griffin. I've heard Abbie mention Mikaela's name when I've asked her who was at sleepovers. :)

My son's all-time favorite teacher, Mary, the most helpful Special ed teacher of ALL times- who helped more than any other teacher in history- teaches at Griffin. She moved there from Tumwater after an especially tough year. We MISS HER BADLY!!!!

Farmin Mama- that odd little area that's 4x9 feet- off the Living room- sure looks like a pleasant place for a computer and desk to sit, surrounded by some nice plants. You could have a sliding door or curtain across the opening for privacy (or, like my house- hide the clutter!).

Ok here it is! So far one of my eggs never developed, one of them looks like it started then gave up, and one looks like it quit more recently (it looks like there's a spine and such, it looks like a fish really).

The pictures aren't very good, but they were taken with my phone!

I could use some prayers and good thoughts please. DH just got a call from his PC Dr with the results from his MRI he had Friday. They basically said he has 4-5 major issues going on, from mid to lower back, and he needs to talk to a neurosurgeon about surgery. They were really surprised that he was up and moving at all! Very scared about what this all means. Trying to get an appt scheduled now.
hit.gif
So sorry Tamara! Let me know if I can do anything to help.
hugs.gif

Dartha was in the nest box for hours today. Only this time she did NOT lay an egg like yesterday. I wonder if she's contemplating life or beginning to be broody? Woohoo! If she is, I'm going to wait just 2 weeks and give her some Reber Ranch white egg layers. Probably only 2 unlike Lucy's 8!
Giving in to a broody is so much more fun than trying to break her. Have fun!

Quote: Oh yes! I'm so glad I gave her chicks. Now...I do wish I'd given her fewer chicks because I'm pretty certain I'll have more broodies this year, but it's OK I'll just sell off who we don't want to keep once they're grown out a bit.
Quote: Babies usually won't take food from you if they are being broody raised. They will take food from mom right quick though.
big_smile.png
I have two 8 week old broody raised chicks that are just starting to take food from my hand. It is so fun to watch mom take care of them!
love.gif

I agree! I'm having a blast!

Back
Top Bottom