Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop

2. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

3. BantyChickenLuv

BantyChickenLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2012
    Oregon
    Today was brooder cleaning day (night). Of course, Houdini (that's what I decided to name him.) did NOT want to stay in the carrying box while I was cleaning, so him and his accomplice decided to watch for a few minutes.
    Houdini is standing.
    [​IMG]
    And when I finished... Look what I found:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hope and Klondike all snuggled up.

4. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    Mikey B- after spending a few years working on a number of bills at the Capital and interacting with many legislators, I have to tell you. You are spot on. I recall one lawmaker who was so dumb it hurt to smile and keep spoon feeding her the data she asked for- because even when presented on a silver platter in large print, she could not get it right. Another lawmaker held up a very important bill and would not bring it up for a vite (she was the committee chair) so it died, never getting the chance to get voted on. Why? because another lawmaker didn't like the bill she helped write and since it was her pet, she felt slighted.

I sure wish they had as good of camera recorders then as they do now, I could have recorded some choice material......

5. Chicken Rustler

6. Chicken Rustler

And sadly while it is part of NEC and required to pass inspection GFCI are junk. After a very few short years they will FAIL and need to be replaced.

Also CL while yer installing have ya considered any outlets with USB port to charge ? I am installing some in the stable and when we build the apartment I will be installing the international outlets too!

7. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA

8. TerrorBird

TerrorBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2012
    Snohomish
    If you get a rooster that is about three months old and introduce it to your hens, the youngest of which are about nine months, how will that alter relationship dynamics when he's older? I imagine that the temperament of the rooster is probably the most important factor, but will he be more respectful of them if he's introduced at a much younger age? Feel free to ignore me if this is a dumb question. [​IMG]

9. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    on day 18 I can still see veins in some eggs. Yes it's mostly chick but white egg shells show things easily and with an extremely bright light you see the back of the chick, and the red lines which are veins. Dimmer lights you only see the chick or that it's a full egg.

10. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Love this progression of pics! 2 were already under her before I got the camera working.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Amazing how many can fit under there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by