Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
  2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Yeah my dad tried to use info from his books to argue with me. I simply called the rooster i hand raised then gave to him and watched it fly out and come running to me.

3. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa

4. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    Hey there,

it was pointed out to me that there's a "Chicken Chat" at Coastal Ranch supply in Auburn, Thursday evening, 6 pm.

I am planning to go and see what sorts of discounts they offer to attendees, and hopefully, learn something new. They are having hors'douves and drawings.

Is anyone else going? Maybe that's a great chance for a meet up? Anyone want to join me?
    Maybe dinner at the mexican place on Supermall Way afterwards?

Firewife? JustRen? ZGoatlady? anyone else in the area? Seattle folks?

5. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    Those guys were cuties - and there was were a few that could do some pretty good booty poppin'! [​IMG]

6. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
  7. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    My father in law put a rope around their yard to try and keep them just in their yard well they hopped up on a board that is along side their coop and sized up the greenhouse and up they went
    (it is just as tall as our house). Once up on top they walked around on the roof for a bit then walked down to the lowest corner and flew down. If they want to escape they will, they refuse to be prisoners in the deplorable conditions in which they are forced to live. We have one that we refer to as The Escapee she was getting out at a month old and of course her sisters had to follow her lead. It took us awhile to figure out how she did it but we just could not keep her in so we may be clipping a wing on the 4 this end of spring. I agree 100% "a big bunch of brats."[​IMG]

8. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    Hey- this is off topic and not about chickens, but it's written by a friend of mine, about all the things coconut oil fixes- antiviral, antifungal, fixes neurological damage, aids in weight loss (although it hasn't fixed mine yet!), etc, etc. The comments by readers, below, are especialy interesting. I just thought I would share- and maybe whoever had the doctor tell them coconut oil was bad could click some links and forward to their physician. There's a ton of scientific, peer reviewed studies published on the health benefits of coconut oil

http://www.ageofautism.com/2013/02/cuckoo-for-coconut-oil.html

9. TerrorBird

TerrorBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2012
    Snohomish

10. VelvettFog

VelvettFog Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima, WA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by