Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Farns

Farns Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2012
    WA State
    Well, darn. Monroe Farm and Feed says they're no longer receiving Ameraucana chicks with this Friday's order. [​IMG]I was really wanting some of those!!!! Anyone have access/selling any chicks that will be ready around the same time (Friday the 22nd)?

I live in good ol' Mukilteo.
  2. Sudsy Chick

Sudsy Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Washington State
    It's a bit of a drive, but the Issaquah Grange will have them this Friday.
    http://grangesupply.com/images/2013 Chick Schedule.pdf
  3. Farns

Farns Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2012
    WA State
  4. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    DawnG- are you close to Issaquah? I'm about 15 minutes from the Grange.
  5. Sudsy Chick

Sudsy Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Washington State
    I'm in Kirkland, but will be in Issaquah picking up chicks tomorrow after work! [​IMG] For my darling Frodo who has been sitting for about 3 1/2 weeks on eggs that aren't going to hatch.
  6. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa
    Bothell feed center will have them on 2-27!
  7. Mumsy

Mumsy Chillin' With My Peeps

I mix local grass hay in with the leaves and pine shavings. Sometimes I add peatmoss. It works great. I don't have any trouble with it packing. My flock stirs it up just fine. I fork it if they are outside all day. Been making my DL in my barn this way for five months no problems.
  8. cieraphoto

cieraphoto Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2013
    Puyallup, WA

I have standard Cochins and sumatra chicks for sale! But I'm about an hour from you.
  9. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I was thinking hay because price is an issue. I can often find hay for as little as $3 a bail. And it would take only 2 bails of hay to cover the floor of the pen. It's not really for composting but just to keep it dry and smell down to a minimum. though I know in the duck pen that is pointless to even try because my ducks managed to empty their pond down to 3 inches of water and it's a foot deep container that was full. I checked no cracks my male hopped in and was splashing the water out as i was refilling it. He was having a blast LOL.
    Reminds me i have to go spoil my featherbabies now.
  10. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    I have a single Ameraucana pullet you can have for $6 (hatched 2/11 and vaccunated with Marek's). I would like a few chicks gone. PM me if you want her, I'm in Covington right off 18 at the 256th St exit and would be happy to meet you tomorrow if you're picking some up at the Grange in Issaquah.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by