Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

:weee [COLOR=0000CD]I got my business cards today! [/COLOR]
ya.gif
[COLOR=0000CD]I am so happy, see......[/COLOR]
Very nice!! Whatever breeds of chickens are you raising?
Came home to this...
wow....Christmas...;-)

Just set 10 eggs under my EExSilkie. She'd been sitting well enough enough apparently. I just apparently only saw her when she was off the nest. The 3 week old, previously refrigerated silkie eggs I'd put in the nest as bait eggs had veins starting.

So there are 8 wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucana eggs, and two eggs from my blue egged EE girl covered by the wheaten ameraucana rooster. The EE girl is a very good layer. She lays 5-6 eggs a week at 2 years old.

I'm so excited. Can't wait for the chicks. Crossing my fingers for mostly girls. I need them for this winter.

Last edited:
Came home to this...
very cute, but very smooshed! Hubby needs to help me build a brooder this weekend before we have the same situation. I've got 16 eggs in my inCOOLbator, and they are packed in there!
I've got dak ones I can't candle, so can't pull eggs that might not be developing, cuz I don't know which are and which are not
idunno.gif

I was thinking hay because price is an issue. I can often find hay for as little as $3 a bail. And it would take only 2 bails of hay to cover the floor of the pen. It's not really for composting but just to keep it dry and smell down to a minimum. though I know in the duck pen that is pointless to even try because my ducks managed to empty their pond down to 3 inches of water and it's a foot deep container that was full. I checked no cracks my male hopped in and was splashing the water out as i was refilling it. He was having a blast LOL.
Reminds me i have to go spoil my featherbabies now.
Yep. I bought my hay in August out of the field for $3 a bale. My chickens love it. Even the chicks like to pick around in it. I shake it out all over in the outside runs. Cuts down on mud and the chickens stir it up out there too. I don't put it out too deep. I just shake it out until it's fluffy. It does keep the smell down too. I think the key to using grass hay is to not have too many chickens in too small a space. I don't let it go to long without forking it over and under. Good excerise for me and the chickens. I rake it up when it's nearly composted and take it out to the garden. Makes great mulch.
I miss having ducks.

Just set 10 eggs under my EExSilkie. She'd been sitting well enough enough apparently. I just apparently only saw her when she was off the nest. The 3 week old, previously refrigerated silkie eggs I'd put in the nest as bait eggs had veins starting.

So there are 8 wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucana eggs, and two eggs from my blue egged EE girl covered by the wheaten ameraucana rooster. The EE girl is a very good layer. She lays 5-6 eggs a week at 2 years old.

I'm so excited. Can't wait for the chicks. Crossing my fingers for mostly girls. I need them for this winter.

Refridgerated eggs can develop. The hatch rate is usually less than 50%. But they do. I gave Itsren 2 from my fridge to hatch and she hatched a bunch from the fridge of CR's eggs.

Back
Top Bottom