Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. sarahkatie

sarahkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington
    Very nice!! Whatever breeds of chickens are you raising?
    wow....Christmas...;-)

2. sarahkatie

sarahkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington
    NN??

3. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey

4. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    We're leaving in a little while to go get DH from the airport! He's been gone 6 days and I'm so ready to have him home!!!!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Just set 10 eggs under my EExSilkie. She'd been sitting well enough enough apparently. I just apparently only saw her when she was off the nest. The 3 week old, previously refrigerated silkie eggs I'd put in the nest as bait eggs had veins starting.

So there are 8 wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucana eggs, and two eggs from my blue egged EE girl covered by the wheaten ameraucana rooster. The EE girl is a very good layer. She lays 5-6 eggs a week at 2 years old.

I'm so excited. Can't wait for the chicks. Crossing my fingers for mostly girls. I need them for this winter.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  6. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    very cute, but very smooshed! Hubby needs to help me build a brooder this weekend before we have the same situation. I've got 16 eggs in my inCOOLbator, and they are packed in there!
    I've got dak ones I can't candle, so can't pull eggs that might not be developing, cuz I don't know which are and which are not [​IMG]

7. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    that's awesome! They look great!
    Did you get a good deal?
    ( I use Vistaprint usually, because they give you 250 free.)

8. BantyChickenLuv

BantyChickenLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2012
    Oregon
    Naked Neck ;)

9. Mumsy

Mumsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep. I bought my hay in August out of the field for $3 a bale. My chickens love it. Even the chicks like to pick around in it. I shake it out all over in the outside runs. Cuts down on mud and the chickens stir it up out there too. I don't put it out too deep. I just shake it out until it's fluffy. It does keep the smell down too. I think the key to using grass hay is to not have too many chickens in too small a space. I don't let it go to long without forking it over and under. Good excerise for me and the chickens. I rake it up when it's nearly composted and take it out to the garden. Makes great mulch.
    I miss having ducks.

10. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Refridgerated eggs can develop. The hatch rate is usually less than 50%. But they do. I gave Itsren 2 from my fridge to hatch and she hatched a bunch from the fridge of CR's eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by