Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    It's official kids. I will be at the Monroe Show. It is on the calendar, so unless an emergency happens I will be there to meet peeps and see the birds. [​IMG]

2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I only have a few chickens. And anytime i'm out in the yard i let them free range.
    I missed having ducks and found some muscovies cheap. got them because they are quiet ducks.

3. BantyChickenLuv

BantyChickenLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2012
    Oregon
    I just moved the babies out of the bator and into the brooder. They are squished no more.

4. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    The young silkies I have out in the pen came from refridgerated eggs. I just used those because they were the oldest eggs I had and I know cold effects development. I kept candling them to make sure. I don't want to hatch any silkies but their eggs are very different from any in the large fowl coop. The birds will not sit on the plastic eggs anymore. They toss them out. They think golf balls will kill them. So I just used real eggs.

5. KMHunter

KMHunter [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Cr

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop

6. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    wait you mean i'm the only one that hangs things in the chicken run for the chickens to play with, and puts boards up for them to get up on and stuff... Baking a seed cake then inserting a string and hanging it for them to peck at.
    i would put a slide in for them but I don't think they would like it.

7. tippy33

tippy33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2012
    Hi there, I'm very excited to get my first chicks next week and will be purchasing them from my local Costal Farm and Ranch the first day they came in. But somebody told me that the chicks from there can often end up disabled or have diseases is this true? Or are the birds from there pretty good?

8. robj

robj Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    I'm in on the pine shavings. I use the white shavings bails you get from Del's or Kippert's it doesn't seem to be overly dusty,we also use it is side for Sonny the Guinea Pigs cage.

9. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    [​IMG]. I have no experience with chicks from Coastal. My first were from Wilco Farm Stores. I would hope that if Coastal had issues they would have changed hatcheries.

10. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by