Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Anybody seen this? Oh my gosh I just about died when I saw the side by side comparison of the real video! Military guys are hilarious!

2. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  3. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
    [​IMG]

4. VelvettFog

VelvettFog Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima, WA
    Do no use hay. It will compact and turn into adobe. I have had great success with two different types of litter; pine shavings and wood pellets.

5. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA

6. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    x2 on the hay- it's a mess. I made that mistake and have been changing to pine shavings- much nicer. The girsl have been doing an awesome job tilling everything up!

7. TacomaFarms

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    [​IMG] I just saw this last night! HILARIOUS!!!

8. TacomaFarms

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA

9. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    An adult either crows or lays eggs. Wish they would allow roosters. I hate not having one and roosters aren't nearly as loud as the neighbors dog that barks 24/7.
    I know they define them that way but animal control says no turkeys or roosters. And my neighbors being iffy on it... If they call AC after AC already said no turkeys I'd be in trouble. It would be a hard battle to fight.

10. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    the problem with the saw dust or pine shavings is it causes me to be unable to breath. I tried it for nests and i couldn't go get the eggs or feed the chickens because of it. I had to have my husband dump the sawdust in the yard waste and put it at the road for me.
    For whatever reason hay doesn't set off my asthma. I'm also thinking grass clippings? I can ask neighbors on each side for their grass clippings as well. and weeds from their flower gardens.
    I wish I could cope with being allergic to wood chips/shavings.

As for pellets, wouldn't the chickens eat them? I feed a mix of all stock and layer pellets. Anything in pellet form would look like food to my chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by