Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. sarahkatie

sarahkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington

^^FUNNY POST!! LMAO :)

2. HoneysuckleHills

HoneysuckleHills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    North of Seattle
    Hi friends,
    Still reading every post and staying caught up but don't have anything much to say.
    I guess my brain is pretty much focused on taxes.
    (So if you want to talk tax code, PM me! [​IMG] - although I imagine more people would feel more like [​IMG] or [​IMG] about tax code...)

Keep the photos and jokes coming! I love them!

Andrea, Russ, Sara, Kim - got you on my list for honeysuckle starts. Won't be working on that til mid- April.
    Sara - for the life of me, I can't remember the name of a honeysuckle you might like. It'll come back to me. I may be digging up the whole plant since I don't like where it is now. I'll get back to you on that, too.

Have a great day!
    Ruth

3. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125

4. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125
    Once my honeysuckle is growing again, I will take starts but that won't be until June-July. I gave them a MAJOR hair cut last fall. They just have tiny 1cm sprouts on them right now. It's just a basic reddish honeysuckle, I don't think there is anything special about it ;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  5. Sudsy Chick

Sudsy Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Washington State
    [​IMG] Good morning! No tax talk, but shaking my bunny booty for ya!

Hope everyone is doing well :) Going to pick up chicks for Frodo tomorrow, going to be a nervous nelly while waiting to get off work!

6. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa

7. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Sara - I was crying I was laughing so hard at the Beyonce metal rooster blog post! [​IMG] The kids were all "What's so funny?!" and I was all "Oh nothing..."

I'm totally buying that rooster on ebay as soon as I can convince DH I need it. Or maybe I'll make it a "You left me for a week with 3 kids" rooster surprise. He gets home tonight. Too bad I can't have it here by then. [​IMG]

8. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I am creating chicken addicts. My moms neighbor has never had chickens though I laugh at their questions they really want chickens. He asked "so chickens lay like what 4 eggs a day" OMG I wish.
    my mom is hoping for several to hatch this time. She keeps trying to give me more eggs. I'm going to have eggs hatching every couple of days soon.

9. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I am so sad, Did you know in tacoma city limits you cannot own turkeys? I was going to get some spoke to my neighbors they were iffy on it so I checked with Animal control and they said NO turkeys, No roosters. I am only allowed 10 ducks, chickens, or pigeons. What sucks is before there wasn't a limit. I want to go back to no limit, i have a big back yard.

10. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Actually that is not entirely true... http://cms.cityoftacoma.org/enviro/Sustain/TMC-Poultry&Pigeons.pdf The new law states you may have 6 adult poultry (including turkeys, even geese!). [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by