Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

A quick hello before I get back to it! :frow

So I am really excited about all the chicken math going on, it reminds me spring is around the corner (I.e. end of tax season :woot )!  However, my rabbits decided to remind me too. Yesterday when I was feeding them, I ran into the garage to grab their pellets. I left the hutch open not thinking anything of it because the 2 buns I do have get along well & don't try to escape or visit the other. Ya well stinkin Chubby, girl bun, decided to visit Thumper, boy bun!!! Ya well lets just say his grand finale happened as I ran back to the hutch. :bun :th :he

Great... So I may have New Zea's in a month if anyone is interested.

Happy Hump Day:lau :bun

^^FUNNY POST!! LMAO :)

Hi friends,
Still reading every post and staying caught up but don't have anything much to say.
I guess my brain is pretty much focused on taxes.
(So if you want to talk tax code, PM me!
smile.png
- although I imagine more people would feel more like
sickbyc.gif
or
he.gif
about tax code...)

Keep the photos and jokes coming! I love them!

Andrea, Russ, Sara, Kim - got you on my list for honeysuckle starts. Won't be working on that til mid- April.
Sara - for the life of me, I can't remember the name of a honeysuckle you might like. It'll come back to me. I may be digging up the whole plant since I don't like where it is now. I'll get back to you on that, too.

Have a great day!
Ruth

Quote: Maybe use whole coffee beans instead of ground, might be less likely to stain. Perfume counters keep coffee beans around for people to smell between sniffing samples :)

Another thing that I've used is charcoal briquets--the regular kind, not the kind with starter on them. I have used them to deodorize litter boxes. I have these great electric litter boxes but they're really hard to get clean. A paper bag of charcoal store in them for a couple of weeks gets rid of the smell after they've been washed.

Hi friends,
Still reading every post and staying caught up but don't have anything much to say.
smile.png
sickbyc.gif
or
he.gif
about tax code...)

Andrea, Russ, Sara, Kim - got you on my list for honeysuckle starts. Won't be working on that til mid- April.
Sara - for the life of me, I can't remember the name of a honeysuckle you might like. It'll come back to me. I may be digging up the whole plant since I don't like where it is now. I'll get back to you on that, too.

Have a great day!
Ruth
Once my honeysuckle is growing again, I will take starts but that won't be until June-July. I gave them a MAJOR hair cut last fall. They just have tiny 1cm sprouts on them right now. It's just a basic reddish honeysuckle, I don't think there is anything special about it ;)

Last edited:
Hi friends,
smile.png
sickbyc.gif
or
he.gif
about tax code...)

Have a great day!
Ruth
bun.gif
Good morning! No tax talk, but shaking my bunny booty for ya!

Hope everyone is doing well :) Going to pick up chicks for Frodo tomorrow, going to be a nervous nelly while waiting to get off work!

Quote: I agree! It seems that most laws are being made to where the criminals get the good end of the deal. One story that comes to mind is from about a year ago, I can't quite remember where it was (not here in Washington though). But an old man came home and noticed that someone had broken into his home and stole a bunch of stuff. He grabbed his gun and went to check around the house and out side to make sure no one was there still. When he was out side he noticed a man climbing out of a window at his neighbors house. He yelled to the man to stop but the man came charging at him so the old guy shot him in the leg. Well crappy story even crappier, the old man was arrested for shooting the robber!!!! I have read so many stories like this and it makes me sick.
Quote: Glad you are OK. License # ?. What did the LEO s say? I'm curious, were they concerned and did a proper investigation or were they just concerned that you were CC ?
Well that is one part that made me mad at myself, I got the first two and last two of the plate number but as they sped off I was trying to get on the phone with the police. And when I was finely transferd to the right department for my area, I had said my address so many times that I could no longer remember the plate #. The police were here very fast as I live right down the street from the department but the robbers had ran a red left turn light to get out of there fast and they turned up a road that has so many side streets, I knew there was no way they were going to find them.
As far as the police and me with a CC, they were great. As the cops pulled up I put my hands up and faced my hip that I carry on twards them so they could see and take it. I already knew they were going to take it as soon as they got there. plus I had let dispatch know that I was carrying and that I had pulled my gun on the men. The officers were great about it, I did not get a lecture or anything about CC or pulling it. They just told me good job. Then after all but one officer left, he had made little comments like "They were lucky they didn't hobble away with a few shots in their A**". That made me laugh. Then he got called off for a bank robbery and said he would be back to see if there was any prints. DH came home as soon as I called him to let him know what was going on and was surprised and proud of me for not being all shaken up about the whole thing. We did not think the officer would really come back, but he did. He mentioned that he has a subscription to the NRA magazine and they publish stories of readers. He told me that I should right in about my story! He just thought it was the coolest thing.

Good Grief Farmin Mama- I know who I can get to house sit when I need someone!

I miss my Blackberry- the side button was a useful tool- just push it and record. I got some great video of some tweekers in my old neighborhood that way. iPhones are not the same!

bummer you didn't get a license plate# or picture. Darn!
That is one of the things I thought of after. With my adrenaline going so much the first thought was just to get the police here ASAP. I realized that I wish I had taken a picture before I called the cops. But I will take what I wish I did this time and apply it if some thing like this ever happens again.
Quote: They did not really come at me or yes I would have shot them. I had stepped back from the door when I saw the pipe in one guys hand and the crow bar in the other guys hand. They came out walking against the house almost trying to not seem threatening.
One of the sad things about this was comments that my kids made when I came into the house. Because they had seen the kids and the woman in the car. The first thing they said was That is something our real "mom" would do, but she would have left us there if we were not in the car. I hate that they had to go through things like this with that woman. But then it was, " I get to tell everyone that my mom (me) stopped some robbers and pulled her gun on them!" As nice as they ment that to be we did let them know that is not something they can go around school talking about.
The only thing DH wants me to do different next time, is call the pollice give them our address and say that I have the bad guys at gun point please hurry and then hang up. That way I can focus on what is going on here and they will call it in to the right office and they will still come. Along with telling the kids to call Dad when the get in the house.
Quote: Thanks very much!

Sara - I was crying I was laughing so hard at the Beyonce metal rooster blog post!
lau.gif
The kids were all "What's so funny?!" and I was all "Oh nothing..."

I'm totally buying that rooster on ebay as soon as I can convince DH I need it. Or maybe I'll make it a "You left me for a week with 3 kids" rooster surprise. He gets home tonight. Too bad I can't have it here by then.
lol.png

I am creating chicken addicts. My moms neighbor has never had chickens though I laugh at their questions they really want chickens. He asked "so chickens lay like what 4 eggs a day" OMG I wish.
my mom is hoping for several to hatch this time. She keeps trying to give me more eggs. I'm going to have eggs hatching every couple of days soon.

I am so sad, Did you know in tacoma city limits you cannot own turkeys? I was going to get some spoke to my neighbors they were iffy on it so I checked with Animal control and they said NO turkeys, No roosters. I am only allowed 10 ducks, chickens, or pigeons. What sucks is before there wasn't a limit. I want to go back to no limit, i have a big back yard.

I am so sad, Did you know in tacoma city limits you cannot own turkeys? I was going to get some spoke to my neighbors they were iffy on it so I checked with Animal control and they said NO turkeys, No roosters. I am only allowed 10 ducks, chickens, or pigeons. What sucks is before there wasn't a limit. I want to go back to no limit, i have a big back yard.
Actually that is not entirely true... http://cms.cityoftacoma.org/enviro/Sustain/TMC-Poultry&Pigeons.pdf The new law states you may have 6 adult poultry (including turkeys, even geese!).
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom