Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. beausonge

beausonge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2011
    Kelso, WA
    What a wonderful dog. It is never easy but it seems it is so much harder when they are young and had been healthy. So sorry for your loss.

2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    they came at you, ya should have shot one in the leg or arm because they'd have to go to the ER. And it would have left DNA. Although the police might try to hold ya over night for shooting someone, But totally would have been self defense.
    If you had not stepped back from the door you would have probably had to shoot them. Because it's likely that they would have charged at you to get out. And what great parenting on their part, take the baby with to go rob a place. Training the baby for it's future career? They need to go to prison, same with the woman for being their look out, and that baby needs to come here to me.
    next time have a child call 911 and say "momma drew her gun on some guys that broke in" The police would be there so fast.

3. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Moving stresses birds and they usually quit laying for a while. Remember to quarantine. Don't want to accidentally bring in something bad to your current girls.

4. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

I have seen it with the neighbors birds. Also when an eagle flew over the rooster would make noise and get all the hens in the coop.

5. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
    Gonna try to sleep a little bit now.

6. LaughingFeather

LaughingFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Kitsap, Washington
    How about rubbing some diatomaceous earth on it. My 97 yr old mother used it for cleaning rugs when I was a kid. I also understand unused coffee grounds can help with smell.

7. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    A quick hello before I get back to it! [​IMG]

So I am really excited about all the chicken math going on, it reminds me spring is around the corner (I.e. end of tax season [​IMG])! However, my rabbits decided to remind me too. Yesterday when I was feeding them, I ran into the garage to grab their pellets. I left the hutch open not thinking anything of it because the 2 buns I do have get along well & don't try to escape or visit the other. Ya well stinkin Chubby, girl bun, decided to visit Thumper, boy bun!!! Ya well lets just say his grand finale happened as I ran back to the hutch. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Great... So I may have New Zea's in a month if anyone is interested.

Happy Hump Day[​IMG][​IMG]

8. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa

9. sarahkatie

sarahkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington
    Wow! That sucks (hugs)

10. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    lol that is what i was thinking. Although I have used coffee to dye things brown before. that would take care of the stain in there as well. I don't know if i could part with my coffee though. I just bought the cheapest one i could find for me to drink and well even that was expensive.
    I tried peppermint oil on the floor. It smelt great last night, this morning stinks again. I don't know what that girl ate to make it smell so bad.
    Later i'm going to see if it's dry yet if it is going to put down some baking soda for all day then vacuum it up

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by