Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle

2. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    I'm sorry.

3. Totalcolour

Totalcolour Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote: [​IMG]
    Normally I would agree wholeheartedly, UNLESS that choice negatively impacts our fellow humans who share our planet.

We also need to make sure that we leave a wholesome planet for our children, so I think adequate care needs to be taken of this earth.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  4. beausonge

beausonge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2011
    Kelso, WA

Welcome to the forum. It,s a fun, informative, and caring bunch of people.

:)

5. beausonge

beausonge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2011
    Kelso, WA

So sorry about your cat! My son lost a cat to kidney disease and he was only two years old. He was such a great cat.

6. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa
    [​IMG] Oh, I am so very sorry. I hope they find that the other kidney is fine and that you don't have to put your kitty down.

7. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey

8. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    where I live, the ground is solid rock bed with some sand holding the rock together. I desperately need to get more compost, and am going to haul in some local manure. I bought "premium mix" that was horrible and I am sure was contaminated with herbicide. not only that, because the company was formerly known for coal, I think they added coal dust to make the soil look darker, because it LOOKED very dark, but it sucked sooooooo bad I was furious.

When I lived in the Kent valley, followed by my home in the Auburn valley, I had the best soil ever. I was so spoiled! I sooooo miss that dark, rich soil.- all I needed to do was add some sand and compost and it was perfect growing medium. Here at our new place, I am going to have to spend years building up my organic garden. I still can't beleive that with 2 acres, there's only one sad little apple tree here. (that's going to change!)

When I first moved back to WA state, there was hardly any businesses in "the valley", from Algona to Tukwila- the "Kent Valley". That area used to feed Seattle and beyond, with their lush soil and fertile farms. Now it's almost completely warehouse and industries. I find that a HUGE waste of land, and should be the shame of King County for allowing developers to cover one of the best tracks of land in WA state.

<end of MY SOAP BOX>

9. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    good morning, well almost noon. I did not know about peat moss. Although I never use it. My dad use to spread it in the yard but I'd break out in a rash for a week after he'd do that.
    I really wish i had more leaves to put down. I'm going to have to start telling neighbors that have trees that I want their leaves. Weird as that sounds, Leaves work great for litter in a chicken run.
    Other then that this summer i think i'll find some hay to spread.

10. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    And I'm excited the eggs I paid for shipping on should be here today. They say out for delivery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by