Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Double post
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  2. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
  3. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    So sorry... [​IMG]
  4. cieraphoto

cieraphoto Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2013
    Puyallup, WA

Email sent!
  5. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    [​IMG]I am so sorry. Our pets are family to many of us and the loss can be just as hard as losing a human family member sometimes harder. Prayers for some comfort of heart.
  6. SadieSue

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    So after feeling smug and tell DH a few weeks back that "I don't think I'm going to do any hatching this year since we've got enough hens and the coops are pretty full", I'm starting to get hatching fever. I was checking hatching eggs here on BYC and someone had beautiful multi-colored olive eggers. And I have been saying I NEED an olive egger in my flock for the past two years, so it's not like it's a new plan or an impulse, right?

But then again, after starting with 7 silkies last year I ended up with only a few when most of them turned out to be cockerels, so there's room in that pen. I saw that Karen Larson had a nice assortment of silkie eggs available for shipping. And I do have that broody silkie in my VF coop who would probably love being a mama, so then I wouldn't even have to raise chicks in the house, right?

But that cr** "kit coop" I have in the backyard is finally disintegrating so if I hatch new chicks I would need a new small grow out coop, but it's not like I would need to find a space for it since I'd just be getting rid of the one I already have and put the new one in it's place, right?

All reasonable points I think - all perfectly justifiable. I think I might look for the right hatching eggs and figure out where I can find a small grow out coop. Just a 3X4 hutch with a small run is all I'd need. Shouldn't be a problem, right?

Whew. All issues worked out. I feel much better now.
  7. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I would like to thank those that suggested the paleo diet to me. I've been researching it and am going to give it a try. Hopefully it will help with my allergies, asthma, PCOS, as well as help me lose weight.
  8. SadieSue

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    Ohh, RFF just posted this pic on Facebook. This would make a nice replacement for my crummy kit coop! I'd love something like this for my grow out coop! I doubt if I need the planter box though. Probably wouldn't even need the nest boxes... [​IMG]

9. VelvettFog

VelvettFog Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima, WA
    Is that a hint? :)
  10. LaughingFeather

LaughingFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Kitsap, Washington
    Oh no. I am so sorry. I lost two of my best friends this year the same way. I can only say they had 14 yrs of life that was good. I loved my pets. Big hug.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by