Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    Quote:
    Depends - is that an offer? [​IMG] I may just have to submit a request to be on the VF 2013 World Coop building tour again!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    my dog that had a heart attack over the weekend. As we can see he's doing fine and back to being a gentleman.
    [​IMG]

My Oscar holding me down from running to the door every time a car stopped out front.
    [​IMG]

They showed up YAY and OMG way more eggs then I expected. I got the box and was excited cause it was heavy. really excited about the blue/green eggs.
    [​IMG]

The ONLY two that didn't survive. They were stacked on each other one had the top of the egg smashed the other had the bottom of the egg. Not sure how they only hurt two eggs. Happy about it only having been 2 though.
    [​IMG]

3. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    my dogs enjoyed the two eggs that cracked. They think those were sent just for them.

4. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    I understand- I used to gather grass clippings and leaves from the neighborhood when I lived in Auburn, but I asked a gazillion questions first "Did you use any roundup in the last 3 years?", "do you use any commercial pest chemicals ?", "have you sprayed your trees in the last 90 days?". Does that make me a real gardener or extremist ? [​IMG]

I also used to have so much produce that I would haul a wagon down the street wiht bushels of lettuce, tomatoes and squashes for all my neighbors- so much that they would pull their curtains and pretend to not be home when I showed up .

Fast forward 20 years and now they would be BEGGIN for the stuff I used to grow! [​IMG]

5. sarahkatie

sarahkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington
    Very cool!! Wish I had time/space to hatch my own.... Maybe I will get a broody I could give eggs too.....

6. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    well tonight i have to check the eggs from my moms house and toss the ones that aren't developing to make room for these. I just set up the back up incubator. I have space plus they should rest for 24 hours before incubating.

7. sarahkatie

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington
    So, when using leaves as art of the bedding, do they need to be dry leaves? And then to maintain.... Just rake/turn them over daily? I have a gazillion oak trees around my place that I get leaves from.... Am totally for doing a compost.... But I don't have a her garden to use it in... :-( haven't been able to negotiate the yard space away from DH... Lol, so of I do a compost, is there anyone who would come take it when it was ready????

I do have about a 3x10 space I could use but know nothing about gardening.... And spend several days/month out of town....plus I would still end up with too much dirt I think..... Maybe we could trade compost for lessons, LOL.... I am happy to follow someone's requests with the compost if that helps.....

I live in Rochester....
    Pm me :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  8. sarahkatie

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington
    Sweet! Pups seem happy too.... Glad he's ok

9. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Thanks :) I'm happy he's doing fine now too. He's just grumpy towards my other dog now.

when i did leaves i ran out of leaves LOL. i did it 6 inches deep of leaves that dried out quickly in the coup. Starting with dry leaves works best though. then i'd sprinkle scratch daily for the chickens to scratch up the leaves. I let the chickens do all the work.

10. Totalcolour

Totalcolour Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by