Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa
    Very happy that you dog is doing better! Well you said not to tell you how many eggs I sent. I wanted you to have a big surprise and be able to have the choice of which ones you wanted to hatch. I threw in the blue and green eggs just in case you wanted to try and hatch them. I know they are fertile. Hope you like them.

2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    AHHHHHH NOOOOOOO stupid fan. My back up incubators fan just decided to die. WHYYYYYYYY I'm ordering another one on e-bay i get it in 4 days. I don't think demon will stay wagging his tail against the vent that long though.
    BTW anyone know about spider plants? I killed 3 of them. One was over 20 years old and I killed it. My pot of dirt hanging in the living room looks pathetic.

3. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
    And chocolate is GOOD for you and enhances the figure. [​IMG]

4. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125
    They like to totally dry out between waterings, they like to be pot bound (if you want babies), (pot bound means that the roots fill the entire pot~ once this happens the plant knows that it doesn't have room to grow and that it needs to reproduce. If it isn't rootbound it will put it's energy into the main plant instead of making babies). They love bright indirect sun. I couldn't keep them here in Seattle, but in Iowa my spider plants were Huuuuge. If the leaves turned black or yellow then it was overwatered (this is the usual problem--with all houseplants, really)

5. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA

6. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
    OK avid gardners you. I have a request, but remember I am over 70, have a pulmenary concern or two and basicall been lounging for 6 years or so.
    Last year it was, build coop, get chickens = excercise. Well that worked out OK.

New goal for this year: PUT IN GARDEN
    disclaimer; I ain't really fond of gardening, but hoping to learn and besides, I love fresh veggies.
    I do have some tools to help.
    1 Lg Cadet rotto tiller,
    1 manual post hole digger
    1 lawn tractor with a dethatcher attchmnt.
    I live in ROCKchester. Soil is excellent drainage and somewhat fertile.

What size would you reccomend? Side and Front of house will be reserved for peppers,tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower.
    I also have ample space in house at windows to start plants.
    What other plants do you all say?

PS..Still have a piano for free to any budding musician or friend thereof.

7. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I don't know what happened. I was watering it once a month is all. I had it alive for 3 years then over night the leaves turned brown completely and fell off. The other two i got as babies and they died. The person that shipped those two babies to me did them in a ziplock bag and it took a week for them to get here. They were nearly dead when i got them and finished dieing when i potted them.
    I knew it didn't need water or anything like that, and that it does best rootbound. Kinda upsetting it was given to my husband by his aunt that died years ago... I kind of wonder if it needed repotted into fresh dirt or something.

8. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    actually dark chocolate or coco chocolate is good for you. and is it just me or do most the candy bars and chocolate covered peanuts taste like it's wax instead of chocolate?

9. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA

10. Totalcolour

Totalcolour Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by