Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

2. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    I wanted to share this cute video of goats yelling like humans. I wish I could have a goat!

3. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Oh my!! The kids and I just laughed our butts off at the screaming goat at 0:25 or so. We played it 10 times!

4. VelvettFog

VelvettFog Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima, WA
    They will grow back.

Your butts that is. You can work your butt off or laugh your butt off -- either way, the **** thing just grows right back !

5. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Well i got all the eggs in my incubators. Both incubators are full. I'm happy i know I'll end up with a lot of chicks.
    I also started the paleo diet yesterday morning. My hives are clearing up, rashes clearing up and i lost 4 lbs over night. I know just water weight but still.

6. KMHunter

KMHunter [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Cr

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop
    Hi there! I am throwing a baby shower in a couple of hours so I don't have time to catch up. But had a couple of things to let you all know.

1. The vet I take my animals to, Dr. Bruce at Crossroads Vet, has chicks coming next week and he only wants to keep a few. Would like to sell the rest. I think he said he ordered Welsummers, Ameraucana/EE's, Gold Sexlink and black Sexlinks. He is only keeping a few of the Welsummers. And I think he ordered 10 of each except the sexlinks he ordered 5 of each color. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you his email.

2. I emailed Mark Dooms who is in charge of the Monroe show and he got back to me today. He says it fine if we want to have a potluck like last year. So plan away! [​IMG]

Have a good day!

7. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state
    ADD meds work to calm/focus the brains of kids and adults that actually have ADD, but shouldn't turn them into a "zombie." It shouldn't work as a seditive. If it does, they're either on the wrong drug or taking the wrong dose. It works as a stimulant on brains that are not ADD, which is why it's abused by college students. You have to find the drug AND the dose that works best for you. Everyone is different. Adderall works for me with the fewest side effects.

I'm not one to immediately jump on the medication bandwagon. I think if it can be managed without drugs, that's better. Some people are mildly affected and some are more severe.

There are definitely some kids that need to be on it, though. What a lot of people don't understand, is that it's not just a matter of keeping these kids challenged. You can't force them to focus. They aren't being lazy and it's not just boredom. An ADD brain does not work the same way as a "normal" brain.

ADD affects MANY areas of a person's life. Every car accident I've been in that has been my fault has happened because I was distracted by something (usually the radio). I've totalled quite a few cars. I have a hard time listening, I make careless mistakes. I make impulsive decisions. I am constantly losing things. I leave clutter everywhere and am utterly disorganized at home (by the time I get home my meds have worn off). It causes problems in relationships. I have every symptom on the ADHD-I list and it has shaped my adult life. ADD is a real disorder. It's condescending to suggest that I just needed to be challenged more.

OK, off my soapbox.[​IMG]

8. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle

9. hallerlake

May 30, 2010
    Seattle

10. hallerlake

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    Maybe you could get or borrow some of those motion activated cameras to film the thieves, then report it to the police.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by