Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

If you look close - the chick has her head on top of another pip. :) She's waiting for her PRIR buddy to zip.

I bought a beta fish yesterday that is now slated to go into my 10-gallon tank in hopes to curb my thoughts of brooding chicks in it any more. LOL. Poor beta is stuck in a bowl until these chicks get delivered to ChickAudie though.
how adorable !
love.gif

Well, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still alive and kicking. I'm sorry I haven't posted anything on here in awhile. I started a new job on the 14th and have been really busy. Going from being a stay at home housewife to working full time as me exhausted. Im working around 40 hours a week plus I'm doing everything I was doing before I started working. Taking care of a house on 5 acres, 4 horses, a dog and chickens plus working is hard work for someone not use to it. Give me a month or so and I'm sure Ill get into the swing of things. I'm not sure how you women do it when it comes to working, kids, and your house and animals. Let's hope that it gets easier for me.

The horses, Khlassi, Emma, Cowboy, and Dee are all doing great. My dog, Whitney is, of course, being a pest but loves being outside all day while we are both working. The chickens, Whiski, Momma Hen, Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe, Little Hen, Evil, Royal, Rum, Angel, Babe, Blondie and the little ones I have left are also doing good. Can't wait to send mosdt of those little ones off as well as Evil Royal, and Rum. They are growing so fast and eating me out of house and home.
wink.png
They should all have homes but getting all of our schedules to mesh has been a n issue with getting them to their new homes. Hopefully, soon though. I'm sure the ones I'm keeping will be overjoyed to have more room in the coop and run :) I need to have those ones I'm selling gone to their new homes before I start letting them free range for bugs.

Other than that, everything is going good over here in the desert
thumbsup.gif

Any Washingtonians breed Silver Laced Wyandottes? I live in Bellingham and am looking for a cockerel or rooster with excellent lacing. Other small flaws are fine, but the lacing is a must. I have some really nice hens from Gary Foley lines and need a roo from SQ stock to go with them. No hatchery or feed store birds please.

Please PM me if you're in Washington and have one. Let me know approximately what age, what lines he's from if you know, your asking price, and if you've got a pic or can take one that'd be great. Thanks!

I have my first ever baby chicks --- I got the chick organic starter feed and Bothell Feed sold me some chick grit also . . . I was too excited and did not ask what to do with the grit!
Do I mix it with the feed ? or put in down in a small amount next to the feed? or scatter it or what?
Help! thanks!

Lynn

Okay, I've reached my limit this weekend. Geez- lots of hard work, but very much worth the effort! We got at least 2 cords of wood, (probably 3). It still needs to be cut up smaller and split, but it will have enough time to season before next winter. The smaller sticks in the picture are some of the the limbs from the Giant Sequoia tree.

I also convinced DW to bring 2 of the chunks of the stump from the old redwood tree that the folks cut down. That tree was really gigantic- over 4 feet across the base. I would have been very sad to take that tree down, honestly. The base was so big the tree guys who took it down had to cut it in quarters. We brought 2 of the base pieces home on our 4x8 trailer. (It was crazy trying to get those things up in the trailer- thank goodness for a few tools and some extra strong guys coming to help for a minute!)

I'm going to honor that tree and use those base pieces for either sitting spots, or steps.

Take a look at these- and remember- the trailer is 4x8 feet, and these 2 pieces are only 1/2 of the base:

My son has recently been very interested in growing a giant redwood/Sequoia tree, and had actually asked for seeds for Christmas, so we gathered up a sack of pine cones and planted some in a pot when we got home.

I think it's time for a soak in the hot tub now!

I have my first ever baby chicks --- I got the chick organic starter feed and Bothell Feed sold me some chick grit also . . . I was too excited and did not ask what to do with the grit!
Do I mix it with the feed ? or put in down in a small amount next to the feed? or scatter it or what?
Help! thanks!

Lynn
You can sprinkle it on the bottom of your brooder for them to peck at and eat, or mix some with their food.
They will know what to do with it!

Is there any way to keep a rooster quiet in the morning? I live in the city and got a rooster yesterday. He's a Bantam, and he didn't make a sound when I picked him up yesterday, so I figured that if he did crow it would be very quiet. Long story short, he sounds like a LF. He was in the garage and we could hear him in the house. I would love to keep him and be able to show him, but if he continues being loud I may have to find him a good home. Thanks for any help.

It breaks my heart to see so much of the old growth trees being cut down. People are felling them like mad around me and I keep thinking about the animals that depend on them and how they are turning the woods into the suburbs. We still have our forest all around us. 36 years ago when we put this double wide mobile home on the property they said we would have to cut all kinds of trees down. Being from CA we said no we aren't as every tree was precious. Hubby being in the business at the time managed to put this thing in between trees with only inches to spare. You can not see us on Google Earth. Total tree cover.

That is one gigantic stump. Glad it isn't going to waste.

Is there any way to keep a rooster quiet in the morning? I live in the city and got a rooster yesterday. He's a Bantam, and he didn't make a sound when I picked him up yesterday, so I figured that if he did crow it would be very quiet. Long story short, he sounds like a LF. He was in the garage and we could hear him in the house. I would love to keep him and be able to show him, but if he continues being loud I may have to find him a good home. Thanks for any help.
I don't know about shutting them up but how about insulating against noise. We put this insulation in our mobile home to make a fire stop between master bedroom and house. It significantly reduced noise. I am hard of hearing and I blare the TV. It used to bother my hubby but now it does not.

http://www.roxul.com/building+envelope/products/roxul+afb®

Back
Top Bottom