Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

And I went shooting on Saturday for the first time. I shot a 22, a 9, and a 40cal. I did pretty good on my first try... This was the 40cal:

Wow, Congrats on the chicks. That is so exciting to watch them hatch and nerve recking too.

Great job on your first time shooting. It's really fun isn't it? Not to mention the fact that women tend to shoot better than men, that makes it even better! I see what calibers you shot but what type of guns were they? I love the M&Ps. I carry one in a 9mm but am looking for a 40. The blow back is hardly any different from the 9 to the 40 with the M&Ps and makes it a lot easier on my when my wrists are in pain.

Aw, I went to check on the chickens because its SO windy and I had removed the chicken wire from around Lucy and the babies, and all was well. The chicks were chilly but Lucy didn't keep them out for too long. Now I'm getting kinda sad about letting some of the babies go this afternoon but its for the best. I really don't want them too crowded. I've determined that 16-18 is a good number for us. And we should get enough eggs to sell this summer to start saving for my small growout coop.

And I realized I forgot to pull the thermometer out of the way when I put em in lockdown. The first chick has since flipped it over so I hope the temp stays stable.

How long do you leave the incubator going for? Today is day 21 but if I only have three hatch, how long do I wait to see about the rest?

i have had chicks hatch as late as day 25 of incubation. but on day 23 i candle to see if they have internally pipped because if they haven't by then they wont.

I didn't catch a picture if it, but, one of the half day old chicks has already used the nipple waterer in the brooder (the hanging medicine bottle). They also have a water dish. But, it is nice to know they can learn to use one right away.

Quote: Thank you!

Quote: I honestly am not sure what type of guns they are. A friend of mine brought them. I'm pretty sure the 9mm was an S&W. I don't know about the 40, but I preferred it over the 9mm only because I felt like I had more control over it. The kick was about the same, but the 9mm had a shorter grip that just left me feeling like I could drop it with the kick behind it. I didn't get any pics of my other rounds but I definitely did better than the guys, well except the military guys two lanes over. lol... I liked the number target where you hit the numbers and the small black circles. I was proud to say I hit the target in pretty tight groupings every time, once I got the hang of the gun. It was so much fun!
big_smile.png

Quote: Ok I will do that.

Came home on my lunch break, LOOK HOW CUTE!!!

S/he's looking up at me! Melted my heart! And it chirped back when I chirped at them. SO CUTE!!!

such cute chicks. What breeds or are they just mixed/mutts? Mine are due in a week. i'm getting excited and trying to keep myself from candling them. I want to wait til day of lockdown to candle them.

Back
Top Bottom