Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    And I went shooting on Saturday for the first time. I shot a 22, a 9, and a 40cal. I did pretty good on my first try... This was the 40cal:

[​IMG]

2. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
    That is a very tight grouping at center-mass. Well done!

3. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa
    Wow, Congrats on the chicks. That is so exciting to watch them hatch and nerve recking too.

Great job on your first time shooting. It's really fun isn't it? Not to mention the fact that women tend to shoot better than men, that makes it even better! I see what calibers you shot but what type of guns were they? I love the M&Ps. I carry one in a 9mm but am looking for a 40. The blow back is hardly any different from the 9 to the 40 with the M&Ps and makes it a lot easier on my when my wrists are in pain.

4. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Aw, I went to check on the chickens because its SO windy and I had removed the chicken wire from around Lucy and the babies, and all was well. The chicks were chilly but Lucy didn't keep them out for too long. Now I'm getting kinda sad about letting some of the babies go this afternoon but its for the best. I really don't want them too crowded. I've determined that 16-18 is a good number for us. And we should get enough eggs to sell this summer to start saving for my small growout coop.

5. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    FM- I love my little gun; it's a S&W .22 long rifle handgun. Tiny and cute and perfect for my purse ;)

6. woodardschicken

woodardschicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2013
    Longview,Wa
    I am interested in the eggs and am close enough to pick up pm me please

7. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    i have had chicks hatch as late as day 25 of incubation. but on day 23 i candle to see if they have internally pipped because if they haven't by then they wont.

8. itsren

itsren Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Pacific Northwest
    [​IMG]

I didn't catch a picture if it, but, one of the half day old chicks has already used the nipple waterer in the brooder (the hanging medicine bottle). They also have a water dish. But, it is nice to know they can learn to use one right away.

9. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA

10. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    such cute chicks. What breeds or are they just mixed/mutts? Mine are due in a week. i'm getting excited and trying to keep myself from candling them. I want to wait til day of lockdown to candle them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by