Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry. It really hurts when you know they don't have long and you treasure all the time to help fight the tears after they are gone. I still cry when I think to much about Fiery and it's been 2 years.

I give my dogs dehydrated liver as a treat. It's raw, just dry. With all the nasty things in treats it's hard to find something good that they like.

2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Demon is on a raw diet because he's allergic to dog food. Corn, soy, wheat and "unknown" The unknown leaves me scared to treat him. I usually use cheese as treats with him. or even cooked egg diced up.
    I still morn the loss of Duke (my first dog) and Chance (my second dog) and am upset for rehoming Buddy (my nieces dog when she was living with me). Buddy started growling at me when my niece left and didn't come back. Found him a new home and he hasn't had any issues. Think he blamed me for my niece not coming back or something.

I am kind of glad now to be getting my mother in laws dog. Because it's set in stone we're getting him. His name is Buddy (sort of bothers me i've already had a buddy). Well I am glad to be getting Oscar a playmate so that when demon does go Oscar wont be so lonely. I know he will still morn the loss of his brother, But i think it will be easier for him to have another dog around when it happens.

3. Farmin Momma

Farmin Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Mill Creek, Wa
    My SIL carries her gun in her purse to. I refuse to, it will always be on my hip because if someone grabs your purse then they have your gun to.

4. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    that reminds me I need to get my permit to carry a weapon. I want to get a holster to carry it on my hip. My husband wants me to carry it in my purse. But twice someone tried to take my purse. Currently I carry pepper spray and my purse is heavy with change. DO NOT grab my purse. Grab at it and I will pepper spray you then beat the crap out of you with my purse until my arm or back hurt so bad that I have to stop. then i'll pepper spray you again before i call the police. [​IMG]

5. JoeK1961

JoeK1961 New Egg

Nov 17, 2012
    Kitsap County,WA
    Our chicks are in a brood box with a heat lamp in a spare room right now. We want to move the box and chicks to our back deck, they won't be
    going into their coop for quite a while.

6. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Got my bantam Splash Laced Red Wyandotte from Cloverleaf's son and got it under my broody without issue, in daylight. Just waiting for eggs to hatch from AyeUpChuck, hopefully tomorrow.

7. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop

Sending you a pm

8. ChaeBird

ChaeBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    I'm so sorry. Lots of love to you and Demon. It's so hard to know that time is approaching when all you can do is be there with them.

9. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    checked a dozen of the eggs shipped to me. All seem okay for being shipped except one had the air sac at the wrong end. It was packaged the right way, in the incubator the right way... small end down. I cracked it that one wasn't fertile anyway. So no loss. The 6 white ones i checked were all starting to have very fine red lines in them (veins). Excited. Only a few days into incubation. Was only checking to bring the number down a bit if there were any to messed up to incubate.
    in a few days i'll check more of them.

10. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Thanks. I am trying so hard to keep my mind off of it but I can't. I know if I'm sad he'll feel it. I want to be happy because when I'm happy he's happy. He'll be with me forever. When a dog comes into my life it gives me a piece of it's heart, when it leaves it takes a piece of mine.
    Plus I have learned so much from demon. It's just now I need to find another dog to at least train to alert me to my dizzy spells before they happen, my anxiety attacks and all that. and it has to be good around people. Oscar does everything but fears people. Hoping that Buddy (we're getting soon) will learn from oscar to alert me. he's a people dog. Loves everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by