Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. lovinchickypoos

lovinchickypoos Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    It's amazing what greed brings forth!!! People get freaked out over all the gun shootings the media plasters everywhere, but not enough people are up in arms about what our food is doing to us!!!! It's processed food that is kiiling more people than just about anything but the rich schmucks in the huge corporations just pay people off to look the other way or downplay research.
    The liver treats that were mentioned are just that...freeze-dried liver and nothing else.
    I hope Demon stays with you a lot longer but when he goes, may he go very peacefully. [​IMG]
    Fingers are crossed-about Buddy. Hopefully he adjusts well to your home with minimal problems. Your previous posts about his issues is a little worrisome. I'm sure with love, care and attention he will do well!!

2. BantyChickenLuv

BantyChickenLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2012
    Oregon
    Does anyone know where you can purchase leg bands for showing? I want to go to the Monroe show, but didn't think I was going to be able to go since I had no birds. Now, with my Wyandotte's, I can actually go to shows this spring. Surprisingly, they didn't have leg bands when I bought them this weekend and I need leg bands before Friday when entries must be mailed in.

3. LaughingFeather

LaughingFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Kitsap, Washington
    Hey, how is it going? We miss you.

4. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Taurine comes from meat. It's not added to it. And I don't feed kibble. I wouldn't want to over dose Demon on it. I am going to look into CoQ10 though.
    I'm trying to enjoy what time demon has left. I'm hoping he lives a lot longer without pain. I really hope it doesn't come to me having to put him to sleep.

5. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    you can buy legbands on e-bay. Not sure if you could get those before friday though.

6. BantyChickenLuv

BantyChickenLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2012
    Oregon
    I usually get them from a breeder - but I wouldn't be seeing her until Saturday so I would be a day late to mail in the entry. I don't know if that could work.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  7. KMoran

KMoran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    Arlington, WA
    Hey guys, Just stopping in to say HI... Very busy around here. We welcomed our new baby girl on Jan 20th. Everyone is adjusting well. Getting excited for spring. I cant wait to get my garden started and My husband and I are making plans for a new chicken run and maybe even adding a few more girls to our flock. Not that we need more chickens... But we all know how that goes... Chicks are just so darn cute its hard to say no. Well I hope all is well with everyone. Here is a picture of Liliana on Valentines day. Chat with yall soon ~Kristina
    [​IMG]

8. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state
    You can add taurine as a supplement, though. Generally, any formulated diet, even raw ones, won't have therapeutic doses. It might help to add it, so he's getting more than a low maintenance dose.

9. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Beautiful baby, welcome back!

10. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    I think one of the chicks has pasty butt, but it's still in the incubator. Do I take it out & clean it or...?
    HELP!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by