Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

My husband was smart. He put a paper towel down before holding the little blue PRIR.

I, on the other hand, get to wash my sweatshirt. ChickAudie, this is the Blue Orpington.

My husband was smart. He put a paper towel down before holding the little blue PRIR.

I, on the other hand, get to wash my sweatshirt. ChickAudie, this is the Blue Orpington.

ahhhhhh...how sweet! I can't wait to see what hatches his weekend. We candled the lighter eggs this evening- can't see anything thru the brown ones- and the air chambers look just like the pictures say they should, so hoping they look good. Of course, then we have to figure out what to do with all of them.......... (for the first week, they will be in the 20 gallon/tall fish tank "brooder"! )

They're so adorable!!! How's the last one coming along? Any signs of pipping?

We candled it tonight and refilled the incubator's water chamber. It has grown quite a bit. It was very small, but moving, in the egg just one day before the other two hatched, now it is about the same size as the first two were when we candled them the night before they hatched (yes, we realize we locked down late - or they came early). It has not pipped internally. We shall see. If it does hatch, that would be pretty cool - because it is one of the "unturned" eggs in the science experiment. With the water tray filled up, we are set to stay in "lockdown" mode for another few days.

Ok whew!

So are they gonna chirp like that all night??? This could drive me batty.... Goodnight world!

Yup! More than likely. Today my husband said "Thank goodness there are only two of them in the fish tank brooder this time around, so we can all get some sleep". LOL! So far, these two are quiet unless they are being held. I hope they stay that way, because the little BO is LOUD.

Well I'm up late knitting. Finally decided that even if it hurts me, I can't waste my life not doing the things I love since clearly my pain levels are never going to go away. So, Jeanine should have a beautiful purple tunic top within a week or so. I'll post a pic of it when it's done.

Back
Top Bottom