Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Totalcolour

Totalcolour Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  2. Zgoatlady

Zgoatlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Enumclaw, WA
    My Coop

What kind of set up. do you have outside for them. Are you just moving them to a garage and keep them in a broader with a heat lamp on them than yes. But if you want to put them in a coop than no. I hatch out chicks keep them inside for a few days under a heat lamp. Than they go to my milking room in a broader with a light and top so the heat stays close. I have a top that has wire on it and than I have a hole cut in so we can ease and lower the light, than on the wire we in ave cut wood so it can lay on it. I can send you a picture of what I'm trying to say later ( if I can find it ) Let me know if you need more info, I also try to use alfalfa pellets under them so I just toss it into my garden or field, white shavings are good to. Now with that all said we all have our own way of doing it.

3. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    BAs and RIRs. They're so cute! The first BA that hatched was looking up at me and chirping while I was taking pictures. My daughter is going to be so excited!

4. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    What eggs are you interested in? I missed that somewhere when I was reading on the phone. Asking because I think this post may have been missed.

5. Farns

Farns Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2012
    WA State
    Having so much fun raising my chicks so far. Picked them up from Issaquah grange and no problems whatsoever. They love playing hideaway/chase-and-run, and I love watching them. Having to clean their water and food twice a day though - don't they realize they shouldn't poop in their water! Dang!

Starting to get wing feathers after just two days of having them. Also, I built them a cute mini perch with small dowels - and they LOVE it.

6. Hinotori

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Aren't chicks so fun to watch? I love them. Chick grit and Mealworms make for so much fun. Hand one a mealworm and watch chick football.

7. Farns

Farns Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2012
    WA State
    Can I start feeding them mealworms (picked them up last Friday at 12:00 Noon)? I did feed them two small worms I found in my garden, and they definitely loved that.

8. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I want to pull my hair out. Got info back from the vet on demons blood testing and x-rays. His heart is enlarged, they said it means that was NOT his first heart attack. His blood came back with stuff i didn't really understand as i was crying after being told about his heart. I feel like I failed him by not seeing that he had heart attacks in the past.

His gums are white but the vet suggested keeping him in his normal routine because going to the vets office will stress him. And to let him live out his natural life unless he shows signs of pain.
    So basically I have to some how deal with knowing that I am watching my dog die. I hope demon lives for another year. I want to make the last of his life the best that I can. He's already spoiled with a prey model raw diet. Not sure what else to do to spoil him.

9. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Yay! My friend just came and picked up 4 chicks, a heat lamp, and chick feeder and waterer. That's at least a start to my saving up for a tiny coop for broodies! [​IMG] I'm totally going to hide and keep any and all egg money I get from now on so I can buy another coop. All this finagling of the chicken run and worrying about Lucy and the chicks is too much. A grow out coop would be perfect!

10. Hinotori

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by