Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Beautiful day! He is Risen! my grandmother is visiting and we've eaten breakfast already (bacon and eggs), opened the oven to find our hollow resurrection cookies and eat one. we gave the children some Easter presents (clothes and books) as a symbol of what our Lord sacrificed for us, and now we're off to church. I hope you can all enjoy the glory of today and be outside at some point! Well be at my sisters house after church for the afternoon and dinner. Don't know if I'm coming home inbetween. Happy Easter to all my friends here!

you alone are my strength my shield
to you alone may my spirit yield
you alone are my hearts desire
and I long to worship thee

Happy Easter to all

we had a tradition growing up that my wife loved and started doing for our kids. there would be a note at the foot of the bed with a clue to were the next clue was that the kids had to figure out. when they got to that spot ther would be another clue. after going through several of these at the end would be the easter basket. it was so much fun, but now the youngest is 15 and is more concerned about skyping (sp) his girlfriend.

First year dying our own eggs, it was much more fun than usual for me :)

This is my favorite:

Before:

Those are beautiful! They almost look metallic? So shiny...
love.gif
What method did you use if you don't mind sharing?
ETA: Okay, I see you bought the kit at Safeway! I'm going to stop by ours today and see if they have any left so I can try some of these next Easter! (Hope my sisters and I have our kids around next year.)

Last edited:
I have one more Wheaten Ameraucana cockerel that has to be re-homed (or something). He was hatched Feb. 25 and came from Cowgirlgrace. If you are interested please let me know. He is very friendly, too.

Uh oh. Was it Honey? So Dash ended up being a boy, and Dot was a girl, is that correct? I've got my three babies down with their Silkie moms and I have 8 more of CGG's Wheaten Ameraucana eggs in my incubator that I'm hatching for a gf of mine. She certainly won't need to keep more than one or two girls and then ALL the rest will be for sale (cheep!
jumpy.gif
) if you or anyone else needs more. Keeping fingers crossed for another good hatch.
fl.gif

Four out of four hatched last time which was good - except for the one baby I had to put down.
sad.png
So right now I'm expecting up to 8 more Ameraucanas and up to 12 bantam cochins! I know if the little cochins hatch that Lilfarmmomma wanted some.

I guess I'd better go start my day. Looks like one of my little chicks has pasty butt. That's a fun way to start an Easter morning - cleaning tiny fluffy butts. The last time I had chicks raised by a broody they didn't get any of that, so I'm a little surprised by this one.

Then I'll have to clean up and get ready to go out. We're brunching with my parents, my sister and her husband, my brother, and a family friend at the Cliff House restaurant in East Tacoma. No kids today. One niece and nephew are spending the weekend with their father. My other two nieces are Eastering with their mom (my baby sister) at the family home in Scottsdale, AZ and my baby girl (almost 21!) is away at school in Pullman.

I feel like I need to borrow some little kids today!
Happy Easter everyone - and if you don't celebrate the holiday, celebrate another beautiful sunny day!

bun.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif

Happy Easter! Rejoice!

Now, if I can get dressed, do a quick lap of the back yard, get to church, get home and put the coleslaw together and animals tended, get to the egg hunt and Easter Dinner at my sister's, come home in time to tether the sheep out for a while, finish the chores (the hens have been laying in the afternoon, mostly)...

Oh, yeah, I need to check the cow who looked last night as if she was starting labor.

Happy Holiday! I need two of me on weekends as it is!

we had a tradition growing up that my wife loved and started doing for our kids. there would be a note at the foot of the bed with a clue to were the next clue was that the kids had to figure out. when they got to that spot ther would be another clue. after going through several of these at the end would be the easter basket. it was so much fun, but now the youngest is 15 and is more concerned about skyping (sp) his girlfriend.
My parents did this for my brother and I. We did it for our children and now they do it for theirs on birthdays. It's wonderful to have a family tradition like this !
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom