Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I have two cockerels if any one is interested. One is a pet quality blrw, and one is an araucana rumpless single tufted black breasted red. Have them listed on cl but wanted to offer them to anyone here who might want them. Pm me for pics or if interested.

(when you are caught up on chores!)

Funny lady, you are.

I'm sitting here trying to get enough oomph to go get anything done after the afternoon feeding, watering, and bedding renewal for the chicks. I never did finish sorting laundry, and am in danger of needing to buy more socks (mostly because it's not winter and I can't wear heavy marled cotton over-the-knee socks that double as knee braces) unless I get them sorted tonight and washed tomorrow. Started to get stuff together for brooder-building and TA DA: batteries on my drills are both dead, so they're on the charger over-night. Potted on a Long John Silver rose which needs to go into the ground by this time next year, latest- this is the HUGE white fragrant rose that blooms from late June until mid-August with random blooms into the fall, which I'm holding to trade to someone as nuts as I am for big roses. (Big as in canes thirty feet long; it got potted on into a 10gallon shortie). Pulled grass for three cages of birds, one more to go. Picked up what eggs there are as they're layed, and I need to check that blue cow again, since she's acting... possibly nearing delivery, I hope.

I need to drag you down to Portland to Fabric Depot some day, it's a religious experience for seamstresses: twice, possibly three times the size of the westside Joanne's and ALL fabrics, well about 10,000 kinds of buttons and lots of findings and trim but no craft stuff- no silk flowers, plastic vases, random florist's supplies, et'c: just sewing stuff. The only thing better is Britex in San Francisco: seven floors! A whole floor of remnants!

I'm obviously avoiding work. Need to go wash to door mat before it starts to stink.

My DILTB is coming by tomorrow to help with the shearing table, and I'll have a hired hand Wednesday, but I need to make progress every day or I won't be able to spend the week of the wedding doing wedding stuff.

I need to know more were in Portland? I'm thinking great place for quilters too right..

So, what kind of ducklings? We are looking for white, buff or grey Muscovies. Have anything like that?

I raise Australian Spotted ducks. They are perfect for the backyard because they are bantams and excellent foragers. They are also the top layers of bantam ducks. I used to raise chocolate Muscovies as meat ducks but I had a flock of 50 on 40 acres (along with a bunch of livestock and poultry). Without acreage I have to keep smaller numbers of smaller ducks. We could not buy a house on acreage so we had to buy a home in town. Maybe one day when we have equity built up we can have acreage (we rented in the past). I miss having horses the most but can not afford to board horses around here.

Ok so I have a situation where someone came to me with an abandoned gosling. I took it in and I have no idea how to care for it. I tried showing it to my chickens but they are not happy about it. I heard they don't like to be alone. My friend wants to take it in but I think she needs another one to make it happy. Does anyone know where to get a companion for it? I'm in the Bremerton area.

Ok so I have a situation where someone came to me with an abandoned gosling. I took it in and I have no idea how to care for it. I tried showing it to my chickens but they are not happy about it. I heard they don't like to be alone. My friend wants to take it in but I think she needs another one to make it happy. Does anyone know where to get a companion for it? I'm in the Bremerton area.

My friend Wende raised a gosling in her kitchen in a dog crate. It became very attached to her and for a while was their guard goose.

Oh poor thing. Maybe even a duckling would work? Look on cl

Poor gosling!!! There are some folks on here with geese.

CoffeeKittie comes to mind. I'm sure there are others as well.

Keep asking, folks aren't here as often in the summer.

Just popping in to say hello!!!! Hope everyone is well!!!
frow.gif

(when you are caught up on chores!)

Funny lady, you are.

I'm sitting here trying to get enough oomph to go get anything done after the afternoon feeding, watering, and bedding renewal for the chicks. I never did finish sorting laundry, and am in danger of needing to buy more socks (mostly because it's not winter and I can't wear heavy marled cotton over-the-knee socks that double as knee braces) unless I get them sorted tonight and washed tomorrow. Started to get stuff together for brooder-building and TA DA: batteries on my drills are both dead, so they're on the charger over-night. Potted on a Long John Silver rose which needs to go into the ground by this time next year, latest- this is the HUGE white fragrant rose that blooms from late June until mid-August with random blooms into the fall, which I'm holding to trade to someone as nuts as I am for big roses. (Big as in canes thirty feet long; it got potted on into a 10gallon shortie). Pulled grass for three cages of birds, one more to go. Picked up what eggs there are as they're layed, and I need to check that blue cow again, since she's acting... possibly nearing delivery, I hope.

I need to drag you down to Portland to Fabric Depot some day, it's a religious experience for seamstresses: twice, possibly three times the size of the westside Joanne's and ALL fabrics, well about 10,000 kinds of buttons and lots of findings and trim but no craft stuff- no silk flowers, plastic vases, random florist's supplies, et'c: just sewing stuff. The only thing better is Britex in San Francisco: seven floors! A whole floor of remnants!

I'm obviously avoiding work. Need to go wash to door mat before it starts to stink.

My DILTB is coming by tomorrow to help with the shearing table, and I'll have a hired hand Wednesday, but I need to make progress every day or I won't be able to spend the week of the wedding doing wedding stuff.

I need to know more were in Portland? I'm thinking great place for quilters too right..

Great place for quilters, tailors, and home decorators looking for actual fabric. It's at:

Fabric Depot
700 SE 122nd Ave & Stark St
Portland, OR 97233

Hey! They've got a website!. Not nearly as much fun as the store, though.

Back
Top Bottom