Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

It would be at freezer camp of it didn't have babies
hmm.png
Ok, I was going to say bear is really tasty as sausage but you never know how people feel about animals... I always said I planned on processing my own extra cockerels but over a couple years I just kept giving them away. I just now finally processed my first roo and make him into Pho ga, he was tasty. I wont be giving any away anymore unless they are really good Roos who deserve a good long life and to spread their genetics.

Last edited:
Ok, I was going to say bear is really tasty as sausage but you never know how people feel about animals... I always said I planned on processing my own extra cockerels but over a couple years I just kept giving them away.  I just now finally processed my first roo and make him into Pho ga, he was tasty.  I wont be giving any away anymore unless they are really good Roos who deserve a good long life and to spread their genetics.

We are hunters (not the trophy kind) elk, deer, bear and anything else tasty lol and we raise chickens for meat and eggs. We like meat... A LOT! I wish that bear was a loner not a mama... I'd be making sausage and tanning a hide lol

We are hunters (not the trophy kind) elk, deer, bear and anything else tasty lol and we raise chickens for meat and eggs. We like meat... A LOT! I wish that bear was a loner not a mama... I'd be making sausage and tanning a hide lol
Bear is tasty, I have only had deer once and it was good too. I have been wanting to go hunting for a long time and even bought a rifle for it but I haven't gone yet. Now that I have butchered my own chickens I feel a bit better prepared for a deer or elk field dressing.

It is somewhat sad that one has to specify not being the trophy hunter, there is a huge difference! I have run into the trophy kind of hunter and I understand why you specified that you are not one. One of my family members(in law I guess I would call him) brought a bunch of photos of him with poachers that took him on a guided hunt in Africa killing rare/endangered species. I was not impressed by the photos of him with poachers and the elephant tusks, quite the opposite.

Last edited:
Bear is tasty, I have only had deer once and it was good too.  I have been wanting to go hunting for a long time and even bought a rifle for it but I haven't gone yet.  Now that I have butchered my own chickens I feel a bit better prepared for a deer or elk field dressing. 

It is somewhat sad that one has to specify not being the trophy hunter, there is a huge difference!  I have run into the trophy kind of hunter and I understand why you specified that you are not one.  One of my family members(in law I guess I would call him) brought a bunch of photos of him with poachers that took him on a guided hunt in Africa killing rare/endangered species.  I was not impressed by the photos of him with poachers and the elephant tusks, quite the opposite.

Last year someone got a 4x5 bull here it was the biggest either of us had ever seen during the season and he got turned into food for 4-5 family's. He was HUGE. Usually if we see a big one like that personally we leave it. We prefer the younger bulls and bucks.

We've had people poaching here every year. I stopped calling the police and took care of it myself. I put you a few "I will shoot you signs" and we have scared off several by force. They will shoot the animal and just take the head and back strap. That's it the rest is wasted. It's infuriating.

On an unrelated note I have baby chickies! 6 and more hatching. They seem to be taking their time, they were due yesterday don't they know that?! But I made this for the tree farm. Should be fun! I'm going to make more after I check on the chicks again lol

Edited to take my pictures out of the quote

Last edited:
Oh that is too funny and super cute! I just made a huge Beatles yellow submarine for birthday pics.

And congrats on your new lil fuzz-nuggets!

Last edited:
Last year someone got a 4x5 bull here it was the biggest either of us had ever seen during the season and he got turned into food for 4-5 family's. He was HUGE. Usually if we see a big one like that personally we leave it. We prefer the younger bulls and bucks.

We've had people poaching here every year. I stopped calling the police and took care of it myself. I put you a few "I will shoot you signs" and we have scared off several by force. They will shoot the animal and just take the head and back strap. That's it the rest is wasted. It's infuriating.

On an unrelated note I have baby chickies! 6 and more hatching. They seem to be taking their time, they were due yesterday don't they know that?! But I made this for the tree farm. Should be fun! I'm going to make more after I check on the chicks again lol

Edited to take my pictures out of the quote

You are definitely making me want to go hunting! I need to take my hunters education class that i keep putting off then find a buddy to go with.

It is really frustrating when people are so inconsiderate/irresponsible. I wonder if it is an American thing to be so lazy/pig headed or if it is universal. When I butchered my rooster, I used every edible part of him - I cannot imagine seeing an animal just missing the head and back straps.

Cool picture! I would like to put my dogs little face in the dog slot :).

You are definitely making me want to go hunting! I need to take my hunters education class that i keep putting off then find a buddy to go with.

It is really frustrating when people are so inconsiderate/irresponsible. I wonder if it is an American thing to be so lazy/pig headed or if it is universal. When I butchered my rooster, I used every edible part of him - I cannot imagine seeing an animal just missing the head and back straps.

Cool picture! I would like to put my dogs little face in the dog slot :).

It's wasteful slobs.

Last year on the deer he got, my uncle only wanted the loins (not a trophy hunt) because he still had a bunch of deer canned up from the previous year. So he gave the rest to my mom because she talked to him about it well before deer season. Mom made stew and hamburger out of it. She prefers hamburger for most things anyway and likes deer. Dad hasn't had any luck getting a deer or elk for a few years. Mom can't hunt anymore because of health issues.

Back
Top Bottom