Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

This probably won't work, and isn't nice to the animal, but it makes a funny story. 

My former FIL lived in the city, with an alley where the trash cans were stored for all the houses on the block.  One neighbor had a pair of big dogs they let out early every morning to run, unrestricted, before they went to work.  The dogs were then locked inside their house while they were at work.  So every morning these dogs would knock over trash cans and drag garbage all over the alley.  The owners had been asked multiple times to keep the dogs in their own yard.  Nope, they wouldn't cooperate at all.  Finally my FIL decided to take matters into his own hands.  He had some hamburger that was pretty "ripe", so he made a ball and stuck ex-lax inside.  A good heavy dose of it.  Next morning, as always the dogs tipped over the cans, gobbled up the ex-lax laden meat and then got locked into the house.  They SH## all over the house -- a lovely mess for the owners to come home to.  Problem solved, they were never left to run the alley again!  

Haha! That is a pretty creative way to teach responsibility. Sadly won't work for me. Sheriff did come and issue them a warning. Unfortunately it wasn't successful as the dog got out again yesterday and killed chickens down the road from me.
2639.png

Haha! That is a pretty creative way to teach responsibility. Sadly won't work for me. Sheriff did come and issue them a warning. Unfortunately it wasn't successful as the dog got out again yesterday and killed chickens down the road from me.
2639.png

I hope they let the sheriff know also. Enough people complain and maybe something will be done. I would hate to see somebody hurt the dog but that could happen.

2639.png
Shouldn't animal control be called in to take care of the dog? I would be very fearful if we had a dog like that around our neighborhood.. especially our daughters are only 1 and 3. Well truthfully myself will be afraid of a dog like that.

Shouldn't animal control be called in to take care of the dog? I would be very fearful if we had a dog like that around our neighborhood.. especially our daughters are only 1 and 3. Well truthfully myself will be afraid of a dog like that.
There are several counties in WA that have no Animal Control. Pacific County, where I live, is one such county. The only option is filing a report with the sheriff's office, and an irresponsible dog owner is not a priority.

Last edited:
I have a question about chicks outdoors. My chicks are 2 to 3 weeks old right now. I'm tired of them being in the house. Can I move them out to the coop now without heat source? I have smaller enclosures that I can put in the coop and in the run to keep them separate from the big birds but still nearby.

That is why it is legal legal for the owner to shoot it if it is a risk to livestock
yes we would prefer to shoot the owner but cant have everything we want
right
lau.gif

I have a question about chicks outdoors. My chicks are 2 to 3 weeks old right now. I'm tired of them being in the house. Can I move them out to the coop now without heat source? I have smaller enclosures that I can put in the coop and in the run to keep them separate from the big birds but still nearby.
They do need some heat source until they are mostly feathered in.

It wii be about 85degrees in the coop, probly around 60 degrees at night. They dont sit under the heat lamp and I keep raising it. What is the lower temps that aare still safe for them?
If temps are over 75* at night, then most 3 week olds will be fine. The two week old birds still need extra warmth at night. Start getting them outside during the day to help them adjust.

Back
Top Bottom