Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

hello sorry for being long gone
celebrate.gif
I missed every thing
he.gif
Hey welcome back how are you doing?

Typically Silkies are really sweet and docile. Well the pullet currently indoors (she wonked her leg up somehow) missed that memo... We now have a bity splash silkie pullet.

Sometimes you get little pills.

I like the fact that silkie roosters tend to be super calm around people.

That said, the meanest bird I ever had was a hatchery silkie cockerel

Sometimes you get little pills.

I like the fact that silkie roosters tend to be super calm around people.

That said, the meanest bird I ever had was a hatchery silkie cockerel

Trying to figure out what she did to her leg. No visible break or swelling but she can't seem to put weight on it or stand on that leg. So far quiet and rest hasn't helped. Tried a warm bath and gentle massage.. See if that helps bity out..Just grr.. Not that she is one of my good birds but I don't like seeing one ailing

I can't say what it might be. Hopefully just a strain.

My brain doesn't work right anymore and anytime a bird starts having difficulty walking it assumes Mareks Disease. But that is because I had it take out a bunch of birds 4+ years ago and am now paranoid

I did have a brahma sprain her leg. It got worse, then got better over the course of a week. She jumped off something a bird her size shouldn't jump off of.

We introduced 2 new roosters to the flock and the next day she was limping. It has been just over a week since the injury and she is isolated indoors to resover. We don't vaccinate for mareks but our chicks are hen brooded and we raise turkeys for the natural immunity they shed.

If it were mareks she would have presented further symptoms than the bum leg at this point. Plus everyone else is healthy and happy.

We introduced 2 new roosters to the flock and the next day she was limping. It has been just over a week since the injury and she is isolated indoors to resover. We don't vaccinate for mareks but our chicks are hen brooded and we raise turkeys for the natural immunity they shed.

If it were mareks she would have presented further symptoms than the bum leg at this point. Plus everyone else is healthy and happy.

Rough roosters most likely.

As I said, it was a bad experience that set my brain on doom and gloom of seeing Mareks first every time. Yeah, at a week she wouldn't be able to stand at all if still alive and wouldn't be eating.

I had a bad case of botulism one winter. Lost 3 birds to it and had a few others I had to nurse back to health. I got really good at tubing chickens to make sure they ate enough since they didn't want to. Lamb feeding tube with the tip snipped off and baby parrot food thinned enough to go through.

Back
Top Bottom