Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

So I got the first egg squat at 3 months and 26 days from one of the new golden sexlinks and now the first egg 2 days later they are quite the layers. I have one that is a year and 4 months old she started laying at 4 months and has not missed a day except she had an impacted crop last September and stopped laying for 2 weeks that's it an egg every day other than that she even layed right through her first molt this spring what a machine and she is the nicest chicken you have ever been around she is the one in my avatar.

most my birds in the main coop lay daily there are others that not so much but not too bad in there, had the two peeps in my sewing room ones that where not eaten by the outside cats went to check on them they had tipped the bucket ice cream bucket that had nipples in it over so water all over the shavings crap all over the water bucket so hauled them out to the cockerel coop no access out of it safe from cats unless I open a door

most my birds in the main coop lay daily there are others that not so much but not too bad in there, had the two peeps in my sewing room ones that where not eaten by the outside cats went to check on them they had tipped the bucket ice cream bucket that had nipples in it over so water all over the shavings crap all over the water bucket so hauled them out to the cockerel coop no access out of it safe from cats unless I open a door
Sounds familiar crap and water all over no cats around here not sure why coyotes maybe

Well because I cannot figure out who is my egg eater Friday I will take the lot of them to auction along with the new cockerel.. one of the little ones the Marans may still give me the roo I want

So I have been feeding layena feed and I see they have it with omega 3 in it for the same price does anyone think that would be a good feed to use? I wouldn't want the eggs to bother anyone that buys them but I don't know if that's even a concern or not. I think it said it would give each large egg 250mg of omega 3

Well because I cannot figure out who is my egg eater Friday I will take the lot of them to auction along with the new cockerel.. one of the little ones the Marans may still give me the roo I want

Ive only ever had one egg eater and she was caught in the act. Others will clean up a dropped or broken egged, but never touch any others. Ive lucked out on that

So I have been feeding layena feed and I see they have it with omega 3 in it for the same price does anyone think that would be a good feed to use? I wouldn't want the eggs to bother anyone that buys them but I don't know if that's even a concern or not. I think it said it would give each large egg 250mg of omega 3

I've never used it but I thought that they didn't need supplements if they free range. I don't know if you can do that

I give lots of goodies all around like now it yogurt and cool oatmeal, watermelon fresh broccoli and cauliflower lots of egg shells or scrambled eggs, meal worms goodies

Back
Top Bottom