Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

penny1960

Yippity do Da Yippity ay
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
Morning food overload eat much lighter today ..
I could say he can come here but he would be food
I tool 5 roosters from one member took them to auction they make him a nice chucnk of change

EmmaRainboe

💙Ameraucana Spell Checker 💜
Premium Feather Member
Jul 30, 2020
Bainbridge Island Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Morning food overload eat much lighter today ..
I could say he can come here but he would be food
I tool 5 roosters from one member took them to auction they make him a nice chucnk of change
I think I'll keep looking for a place for him. I figure if he's going to be food it might as well be for me😭 Even if it hurts, I suppose it's a part of life.

EmmaRainboe

💙Ameraucana Spell Checker 💜
Premium Feather Member
Jul 30, 2020
Bainbridge Island Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Your right I bought off Amazon these two cones, an a drill mounted plucker from amazon like 50 dollars sure makes the job easier oops not the smae one but you can look at them all
https://www.amazon.com/Rite-Farm-Products-Chicken-Plucker/dp/B01F7LMDMY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1QNBU0RPEKXNP&dchild=1&keywords=bird+plucker+drill+attachment&qid=1606503171&sprefix=bird+plucker,aps,279&sr=8-3
I don't think I have the heart to do it myself, I'm would probably see if I can find a place that will process birds for you. I don't plan for this to be an often occurance. I bought three pullets from a lady, and even though once I saw them I insisted two were boys, she refused to trade and promised they were girls so I gave up.... I shouldn't have given up so easy because my gut was right. Thank You though!

Stefrrr

Songster
May 25, 2020
Olympia, Washington
I was going to work on my curtain project today, but I procrastinated by making an egg collecting apron instead. Also, we have a new layer! One of the barred rocks, I think, because I caught her in a nest box and we got five light brown eggs today. Good thing, too, because all the pie yesterday used a bunch!
594F93E3-E93F-4906-ABC8-BFD5EB6C503B.jpeg

1306E6CE-8E7E-4F1F-A41C-40277956C752.jpeg

I used an embroidery stitch for the first time ever!

CrazyCochin

You can never go wrong, when you go right!
May 21, 2019
Washington State, aka The pacific NorthWest
I was going to work on my curtain project today, but I procrastinated by making an egg collecting apron instead. Also, we have a new layer! One of the barred rocks, I think, because I caught her in a nest box and we got five light brown eggs today. Good thing, too, because all the pie yesterday used a bunch!
View attachment 2428041

View attachment 2428040
I used an embroidery stitch for the first time ever!
Amazing! Did you have a pattern?
I love it! I sometimes put eggs in my pockets and have ended up with broken eggs...

Top Bottom