Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi all, I have a question for those in Western Washington. Is your entire run covered? I need to expand mine and am debating whether or not to cover the new part. I thought it’d be nice to have some uncovered but given our 6 months of wet weather coming up, it might be better to have it covered?
Mine currently just has a net over it, but I have some corrugated roofing that I'm going to put up over half of it. After that, it will be half and half.

Also, duckling picture that I promised earlier:
IMG_20210818_133929.jpg

And a gratuitous Gabby on my lap selfie, because why not?
IMG_20210817_185345.jpg

Hi all, I have a question for those in Western Washington. Is your entire run covneed to expand mine and am debating whether or not to cover the new part. I thought it’d be nice to have some uncovered but given our 6 months of wet weather coming up, it might be better to have it covered?
I’d say cover as much as you can. You won’t regret it when the weather turns.

Hi all, I have a question for those in Western Washington. Is your entire run covered? I need to expand mine and am debating whether or not to cover the new part. I thought it’d be nice to have some uncovered but given our 6 months of wet weather coming up, it might be better to have it covered?
My whole run isn’t covered but a small section is with tin roofing. The rest is covered by bird netting.

Cover all you can. Especially if you will be walking through it in the wet.

My silkies are fully covered as they will purposely stand out in the rain because it wets the crest down. The courtyard I let them "free range" in just has net but they aren't allowed out there of it's raining.

The large fowl pen only has net to keep them inside as they WILL fly over the 6 foot fence. I'd like to cover it, but they do have a nice big 15x8 coop.

Nope. No marans at all. 4 orpingtons (two buff and two lavender. Lavenders aren't at point of lay yet), 2 blue plymouths (also too young to be laying), 2 RIRS, 1 buff brahma, and 3 australorps. I'm pretty sure the dark ones are from one of my buff orps because she was the only chicken in the coop around the time it was laid. One of the australorps was the only other hen laying a week ago and hers is a pretty rosy brown color.

Back
Top Bottom