Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote: Latte is a fudgelett right??? IF so there IS NO WAY !!!

Yes, Latte is a fudgelett. But we thought maybe Fudge did a midnight sneak-in and rustled himself some bantams. Of course, now knowing how little bantams are... not a chance.
gig.gif

From what I see here it looks like somebody is thinking Bantam is a breed. That is not really the case Bantam is a size. And most if not all chickens come in Bantam

I love you CarolynF. Your quality of information is priceless and gives me a lot to mull over.
Cooking is quickly becoming a favourite hobby of mine. I will definitely try this recipe. It will be perfect for those cool, wet Northwest springs.

I'll check out the sex links. I've seen lots of pictures and they look gorgeous!

I'm following your lead and going to look for local breeders and farmers, instead of the feed store.

My husband is getting jealous!
gig.gif

I would wait til mid summer when we have a stretch of 80*+ days in a row. Should take a day for clean-out/drying, and day for paint to dry without much fumes. You could also get low fume paint, a little more $$ but may be worth it. Keep an eye out on CL to find a tractor or second coop in the mean time.

Trav, you're hilarious!!! I can tell you're an Oregon person....
lau.gif

Cuz we only get 2 of those 80+ days around here! One in the first week of August and the other in the Last week of August!!!
wink.png

I love you CarolynF. Your quality of information is priceless and gives me a lot to mull over.
Cooking is quickly becoming a favourite hobby of mine. I will definitely try this recipe. It will be perfect for those cool, wet Northwest springs.

I'll check out the sex links. I've seen lots of pictures and they look gorgeous!

I'm following your lead and going to look for local breeders and farmers, instead of the feed store.

I too would like to buy from local breeders & farmers. But the problem is, I don't know of anyone in Washington that raises Sex links or California whites.

Calif. whites DON'T seem to be too popular on BYC. BUT I highly recommend them. They are great layers of a big white egg (5-6 a week) and very very friendly. Mine wants to come in the house all the time.

Any body raise or know of anyone that raises Sex links in Washington??? Monroe feed will have Both sex links & California whites in the spring

Quote:
Quote:
lau.gif
Yeah...we don't have many nice days like that
wink.png

That's why I said 80+ and not 90+ like here
lau.gif
. We have friends in Puyalup so I know what you all's weather is. And with driving up there for years now, you're about 10* cooler than here.
Quote: I don't have sex link other than my 1 GSL(13 weeks) but with my Splash Orp rooster over my 2 BR's I will get sexable chicks at hatch. So for instance, the 2 chicks we hatched I know for sure 1 is a pullet(no barring). And this chick should have some of the egg laying vigor I believe.

If Duke ever figures out what he's doing, I could put that wheaten ameraucana boy in with the barred plymouth rock girls and have fertile eggs which would hatch sex linked chicks that lay green eggs. Well their eggs are fertile right now but the father would be the half silkie, half EE rooster. Still would be sex linked, but only a 50 percent chance for a green egg layer. I was thinking about putting the rocks in with the brahmas. That would give some big sex linked brown layers.

I know that they wouldn't lay anywhere near the amount of eggs as the commercial sex links, but would be some decent sized layers.

The rock girls have laid very well and are the only ones giving me regular eggs other than the brahma from last year that I got with them. Only one of the EE girls has resumed laying after molt. Angel the ameraucana looks like she's ready to lay at anytime. About time for her, she's 8 months old.

Back
Top Bottom