Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

The problem with an inverter is that  they eat a lot of battery power in the process of turning 12VDC into 110VAC. This means that the usable time of battery will be reduced. The better plan would be to go with straight 12 VDC lights.
Sorry to hear about the stool jumping out from under you. Hope yer OK.

I'll relay this to DH since he understands wiring. Me trying to figure stuff out doesn't always work. I dont touch electric stuff usually, have a little phobia that I cant break.

We have these under the counter battery opperated, led light bars that would work great out there if they just have more battery. I should get him to wire those into the panel and battery.

As for my injuries, nothing to bad. Few bruises and sprains. Sadly I'm used to it. I'm a bad klutz. Have been asked at ER if my DH beats me. That was the time I removed the membrane on my eye with a paper bag. DH came home from work and had to take me in on that one.

Frodo is improving! She ate an egg and a half and some scratch/sunflower seeds. She also drank a lot of water and is starting to fly around.

However - from what I can see she is blind in one eye and when she tries to eat she often misses (way off).

I got some butterfly bandages to see if I could close it, didn't work.

The wound is gaping at the back of the neck. A grey film is forming over the top. When she moves her head, the grey film stays in place and the tissue beneath moves.

I don't know that we can attach it - there is just nothing to attach it to.

Please let me know if you can suggest anything to close the wound. See how it was just under her scalp? There is about 1/2 strip missing.I'm honestly amazed, she is getting stronger and stronger. She prefers my lap. Good thing I have a week off!
Maybe sterilize small strip of fabric and stitch it on top and bottom. Cant leave that on, though.

Last edited:
Hi my name is Jessica and my husband Chris just got orders to be stationed at Ft Lewis in Feb. I was just curious, since we havent found a house yet, where are some good places to live near the post that are Chicken/duck friendly? We have 6 hens of various breeds, a Mandarin breeding pair and a white cheeked bahama pintail breeding pair.

Welcome to the fastest moving thread on BYC. As I am from Oregon, the nice people here let me hang out and chat, I don't know where around JBLM is best for what you have. But I am sure someone later can point you to which town would best fit your needs.

lau.gif
I have 2 cats for mousing. My rooster hates my Manx. He will chase her across the yard if she comes within 10' of any of the birds. My other Tabby cat he doesn't bother, she can walk right in between all of them and he never chases her. She is about 7lbs, the Manx is about 20lbs.

Quote:
I'm honestly amazed, she is getting stronger and stronger. She prefers my lap. Good thing I have a week off!
What a strong girl! Can you tell how bad the eye injury is? That is, is this blindness temporary?

Quote:
Maybe sterilize small strip of fabric and stitch it on top and bottom. Cant leave that on, though.

I have no idea if it would work but how about super glue and some fabric. You can glue it to the feathers maybe to pull it together? Oh, she looks so sad. Poor thing.

Thank you all for the replies.

Terrorbird - I think she is completely blind in one eye (she closes it a lot even when the other is open, and it is a reddish color behind the black) and I think she may have limited vision in the other eye.

There is just nothing to attach to on the top - so no sewing.

However - the superglue is something I will research.

She is still doing good this morning, she's not awake yet but quiet & perching and wound still looks the same.

Welcome to the fastest moving thread on BYC. As I am from Oregon, the nice people here let me hang out and chat, I don't know where around JBLM is best for what you have. But I am sure someone later can point you to which town would best fit your needs.

Back
Top Bottom