Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

OH MY GOSH!! I am not longer "Out of the Brooder"!
yippiechickie.gif

I have the same problem when I get to running, it can be so painful.  I have never been a runner, but always wish I could....  I have our tredmill set up in the mildewy basement, so I never can spend much time on it before my tiny lungs get irritated :/

I don't run. I can, and am actually quite fast for my size, but I only run when I have too. lol

We have the same problem with the bowflex... Its out in the shop buried under crud that's just tossed in there... Somehow my laundry room / tack / feed room has been turned into EVERYONES storage. How my home got turned into storage for family who doesn't live here, I'm not quite sure. But Im about to rent a dumpster for it all! lol

Oh warning for those who don't know me... I get side tracked very easily in my train of thought! lol I apologize in advance!

I am new to this forum, as well as to having chickens. I inherited "the girls" from my daughter and have managed to keep them alive so far! I have 3 buff orpingtons that have given me about a dozen eggs in the last 2 weeks. I would like to try using them to help with composting as I read in an article elsewhere on the site. That will also be new to me. I have been container gardening but will be expanding to a standard garden this year and figured it would be good to incorporate natural stuff in.

Cynthia

frow.gif
Cynthia and
welcome-byc.gif
!!!!

We are glad to have you here! Some of our normal greeters are at a get-together, so I will do my best to fill in!! They are quick to warn that this thread moves VERY fast, as we are all chatter-bugs in WA, so if you are gone for a week, expect to have 1,000 or so posts to catch up on!

I am new to this forum, as well as to having chickens. I inherited "the girls" from my daughter and have managed to keep them alive so far! I have 3 buff orpingtons that have given me about a dozen eggs in the last 2 weeks. I would like to try using them to help with composting as I read in an article elsewhere on the site. That will also be new to me. I have been container gardening but will be expanding to a standard garden this year and figured it would be good to incorporate natural stuff in.

Cynthia

:welcome First of all. Welcome to Washington's BYC! Jump right on in and ask what ever questions you might have. We are all willing to enable. I mean help in any way we can! ;)

Its a great group of people here, lots of chickens, "even some quackers/gobblers now and then!" And a lot of gardeners!

Chickens and gardens go hand in hand!

I'm debating... do I write a short e-mail to my oldest son's teacher or just let it go. Thoughts?

Yesterday, when my son was explaining his science project to the teacher, the teacher asked him a question about it. Instead of answering the question that was asked of him, he blurted out "We're illegal. We have too many chickens." The teachers responded "That's not good". DH said he didn't have time to explain the situation. I tell ya - my son has been obsessing over us having too many chickens since the day the chicks hatched. We've explained to him over and over that when they are out from underneath the heat lamp, the boys will be going away and we won't be over the limit. We told him the city, or the neighbors, are not going to care about chicks and if we had to explain it to anyone, they would completely understand the situation.

So - would you bother the teacher with an explanation, or just let it go?
I think I'd reccommend reading the Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-time by Mark Haddon. Your son sounds like the character in his book. FUNNY book- a must read for parents with kids on the spectrum. Give a copy to the teacher too:)

I have the same problem when I get to running, it can be so painful. I have never been a runner, but always wish I could.... I have our tredmill set up in the mildewy basement, so I never can spend much time on it before my tiny lungs get irritated
hmm.png
I wish I had a treadmill. I'm not a runner, but I use to walk 5 mile drive ( point defiance park) daily a year or two ago. Last summer I fell while walking on the sidewalk (nobody helped but several people laughed) My hip has been screwed up after that. It was sprained, no bone injury. But i have reinjured it everytime it's healed after that.

Yesterday I was in so much pain, and yet today in pain near tears I go out and put boards up in the kennel (my chicken pen) giving my chickens a 5 by 7 ft space to give extra room for them. Starting to think that I'm no longer the crazy dog lady and now the crazy chicken lady.

Anyone know where to get a cheap kennel? I'm either thinking I need to add on to what i have with kennel panels or get one of the box kits and put the ducks seperate from the chickens. my ducks are bigger then my chickens, but the chickens refuse to let the ducks eat i have to free range the chickens for a half hour or more and toss feed in for the ducks. They wont even go near the food dishes anymore.

Back
Top Bottom