Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Good ideas LaughingFeather! LOL! Although, it might be a trying time convincing everyone to let me have chickens in the wedding!! They already think I'm crazy enough....
gig.gif

I have this idea...

I have in storage two dollhouses. One is from a kit, and the other my grandfather built for my sister. Sister now lives in France, and she's told me that there is no way she can see getting those shipped over to her.

So I had this thought that they would look super cute fixed up as a coop for a breeding pair or trio of bantams. Especially Serama's. One of the dollhouses has bay windows :)

Maybe I'll dig them out of the shop storage and take some photos.

If you have Serama's or other really small chooks, you should stay tuned!

Dave

Oh my gosh. What a charming little coop that will be! Unfortunately I had to rehome my Seramas for my husband's health. I'm sure someone is going to love it!

I really like your new signature line VF.
wink.png

I am SOOOO excited! DH (well...technically fiance) have been together for 10 years and have FINALLY picked a date to say our "I do's"!! June 15th is going to be our big day! I have to admit, I wasn't very excited to have a wedding, but now I am looking at everything, I am going to LOVE putting this together
wee.gif
.....now, how to incorporate chickens into a wedding?? ring-bearers? LOL!

Our colors are going to be black, white and silver and have a bit of a Moroccan touch (with Thai food, ohhahaha!)

White Silkies would make good little flower girls or ring bearers. I remember someone on BYC dyed their Silkie hot pink to coordinate with a friends color scheme who insisted on having the Silkie in her wedding.

oh- now that I have made an incubator, hatched eggs, etc, etc- NOW I get a broody hen!
gig.gif

I've got a gold laced wyandotte that's been sitting for 3 days. I've moved her off the next 3x- and been pecked- little twirp is stubborn!

I'm thinking we should move her into her own space and just let her have a batch- or even tempted to give her some of the ones we just hatched out.
D.gif
decisions, decisions.....

I would slip a couple 2 or 3 chicks under her in the night.

ChickAudie-Yay for the field trip outside. They are looking good.

Last edited:
You know, looking at wedding dresses....How on Earth can it be comfortable to wear your nighty in front of your entire family??? Some of these can't be considered clothing....

I had to put down "Riddick" yesterday. His/her leg stopped working and was dragging it to get to the food dish. Pretty sure it was Marek's. It was about the right age of symptoms to present. What is sad, even though he ate a LOT, he weighed less than the Silkie cockerel the same age and smaller.

I need to get out and get some pics of the coop work, and of the chicks under Betty Lu. I still can't work outside too much. Swelling is almost gone finally. Why do mold and grass have to be going at the same time this year. I haven;t reacted like this since before allergy shot series was done in mid 80's. UGH

I had to put down "Riddick" yesterday. His/her leg stopped working and was dragging it to get to the food dish. Pretty sure it was Marek's. It was about the right age of symptoms to present. What is sad, even though he ate a LOT, he weighed less than the Silkie cockerel the same age and smaller.

I need to get out and get some pics of the coop work, and of the chicks under Betty Lu. I still can't work outside too much. Swelling is almost gone finally. Why do mold and grass have to be going at the same time this year. I haven;t reacted like this since before allergy shot series was done in mid 80's. UGH

I'm sorry you lost Riddick.
sad.png
I hope you start feeling better, too.

Hey TPT, that's too bad
hugs.gif
I hope your allergies have calmed down. Can't wait to see pics! Did you see the pics of your baby chickies?

Quote: What stinks, is I feel fine. No sinus issues. Just swollen eyes and lips and the itchiness. I am taking double zyrtec, benidryl tablets, and Dayquil just to keep from tearing my skin off. And also using benidryl cream. The mold spores are what REALLY did me in. The pallets I am using for the pallet coop are milk crate pallets, so some have mold growing from milk that spilled on them. I treated with bleach water, but not until they were constructed into the coop. So moving them around, pounding of support pieces and such really stirred up the mold spores. I will live, just have a lot of work I can't do that I need to do.

Back
Top Bottom