Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

About not bringing boxes to buy chickens and bring home in. I didn't bring any either, but thought about that a person could go into the town of Monroe and get some boxes at one of the local stores. Just a thought if you ever get in a bind next time.

Hi Guys
frow.gif
. Had a great time today at the show... Sorry to those I didnt get to chat with... my kiddos were so excited they were pulling me in all different directions trying to pick out which type of chickens they NEEDED to get. LOL..... Natalie wanted to thank Hallerlake, VF and CL for her eggs. We set them in the bator tonight. She cant wait to candle them on day 7. On a sad note I came home to find my very first chicken Henny Penny dead in the middle of the yard. :eek:( she would have been 2 next month. She was my best layer. Not sure what happened. She was at the door this morning getting petted and getting her share of the scratch. So I'm at a loss for what happened.
idunno.gif

hugs.gif

I started chickens two years ago. My original flock had six hens and one rooster. I still have the rooster (Mystery) and one hen - my crooked footed Cuckoo Maran. I had a Delaware hen and lost her the first fall. I found her lying on the floor very cold but still breathing. I took her in the house but she died two hours later. I have no idea why she died. No one else got ill.

Vickie et al
Kelso, WA

Hey CR, got your PM. Yep I had every intention of being in Monroe yesterday, however I also have maintenance here and I'm also putting in a garden this year. Anyway, I was rototilling the yard Friday, where I am putting the garden, when the dang thing stopped working. Of course this was in the afternoon about 3:30. If I hadn't had this problem, I would have completed the task and called it a day. But, by the time I got it back to the shop and took off the belt shroud and found that it had twisted and was useless and by that time I had no time left to go chase a belt.
(I found out replacement belt for this tiller is $46.00, a Cub Cadet with a 195 cc engine) So I found a replacement belt (23.00) and installed it and adjusted the clutch linkage, etc. All of this happened Sat AM and left me no time to come to the show. (Also no energy either) Then it rained of course so I lost not only coming to the show and meeting everyone, I also lost the day because of a stupid belt.
This machine does not have 15 hrs on it and of course their crappy 2 year limited warranty is just that. You would think for $800.00 a tiller would last more then 15 hrs b4 going on the fritz. Such is life.
So here I am
caf.gif
taking a break from cleaning, laundry, etc. In a little while I will get my butt in gear and get my tilling done (if the dang machine cooperates), fininsh my laundry, put the corned beef and cabbage on for dinner and hopefully enjoy the company of my Sis when she comes over for dinner.
OK, that was my rant.
Really, really missed meeting everyone. AGAIN. This is the second Monroe show I have missed. Please, everybody, post some pics.

I'm proud to say that I got home without purchasing any living thing.
Same here, but we sure added to our list! My 8yo was smitten with the sebrights (sp?). I am still wanting a flock of Faverolles. We are getting our chicks tomorrow from the Farm Store in Chehalis-- just tried and true large egg layers. Decided not to order along with the poultry leader again-- what a mess last year! I told the girls "pullets only" this year. But next year I think we will combine an incubating project with some bantie eggs, since I can't buy sexed banties, nor sexed eggs
tongue.png
I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. Oops, I didn't mean that literally.

Last edited:
Hey CR, got your PM. Yep I had every intention of being in Monroe yesterday, however I also have maintenance here and I'm also putting in a garden this year. Anyway, I was rototilling the yard Friday, where I am putting the garden, when the dang thing stopped working. Of course this was in the afternoon about 3:30. If I hadn't had this problem, I would have completed the task and called it a day. But, by the time I got it back to the shop and took off the belt shroud and found that it had twisted and was useless and by that time I had no time left to go chase a belt.
(I found out replacement belt for this tiller is $46.00, a Cub Cadet with a 195 cc engine) So I found a replacement belt (23.00) and installed it and adjusted the clutch linkage, etc. All of this happened Sat AM and left me no time to come to the show. (Also no energy either) Then it rained of course so I lost not only coming to the show and meeting everyone, I also lost the day because of a stupid belt.
This machine does not have 15 hrs on it and of course their crappy 2 year limited warranty is just that. You would think for $800.00 a tiller would last more then 15 hrs b4 going on the fritz. Such is life.
So here I am
caf.gif
taking a break from cleaning, laundry, etc. In a little while I will get my butt in gear and get my tilling done (if the dang machine cooperates), fininsh my laundry, put the corned beef and cabbage on for dinner and hopefully enjoy the company of my Sis when she comes over for dinner.
OK, that was my rant.
Really, really missed meeting everyone. AGAIN. This is the second Monroe show I have missed. Please, everybody, post some pics.
Missed you at the show Buddy! Sucks about your tiller! I picked a Troy built at the big boy store that begins with "L" had the belt pop off bend up the guard and some sheet metal the first time I used it. Brought it in for a warranty repair that would've took me a half an hour at most took power Shop up here three weeks. When it broke the second time the big L siad they couldn't take it back because I put gas and oil in it. How do you know if it works if you don't put gas and oil in it
he.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
. I'm shopping for a riding mower and I talked to the guys at J&! and John Deere they told me that the name brand mowers at the Big Boxes aren't built the same to cot down the costs.

The third time the repair took an hour and a half cuz I had to go into town and BUY a belt to fix it myself!
somad.gif
But you know what? It hasn't happened again!! Other then the cost of the parts they can keep their warranty and you know what else the L stand for Little as in very LITTLE to none of my business!!!
Enjoy dinner with your SISS.

That was an accidental post, meant for an earlier posting.  Another note, Really enjoyed the Poultry show at Monroe.  I didn't show anything, but got to meet some of the BYC members and put names to their faces, some really nice people.  Looked like a well organized show, really like seeing all of the different chickens there.  Got to purchase some of the most beautiful blue eggs from Blue wheaten/wheaten ameraucanas from one of the BYC members.

Hay girlfriend come back more often..

Back
Top Bottom