Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Greg; please with the politics can you curb it just a tad? Many of us have made a comment or two on this forum and mostly it is tied into an ongoing discussion, but you seem to have forgotten that this is not a political forum. Lord knows I go to plenty of them, but come here to interact with all the others about chickens, our lives as they revolve around our girls.

Please don't take offense, none is intended.

So I had to share! Our first time dying our own eggs... We used Koolaid!
578264_579314775425920_2110778958_n.jpg

wowow!! Just beautiful!

Mikey. I got that in an email. Neither republican or democrat was listed. I thought it was funny besides the message it sure gave me a laugh.
I thought I'd bring some joy to others and they'd get a laugh to. I guess you didn't think it was funny.

For those of you with deer problems I was given this response by Monty on "The Easy Garden Forum".
I thought it was well thought out.
You might find this helpful.
Even if you can't afford a fence right now you might try this combined with the egg spray mixture on the first plants if they jump the wire.

Quote:

I have a huge deer problem too. Here is a trick I use to "train" them to stay away from the garden. Once you get your fence up, buy an electric fence charger. Make sure it's a good one. Run a strand of fence wire about 3-4 feet high around the outside of the main fence. From that wire, hang 4" x 4" squares of aluminum foil. Coat the foil with peanut butter and press alfalfa pellets into the peanut butter. Space these bait squares about 6' apart all around the fence. Plug in the fence charger and let the training begin. Deer aren't stupid and after taking a few zaps on the tongue or nose, they will avoid your garden.

Hey, guys...I had to share this one. Hope you find it as funny as I did.

In science, I've been teaching my 6th graders about energy transfer, and we did the traditional "egg fling" experiment using my home-grown eggs. Each group had to devise a contraption to keep their egg from breaking when we threw it onto the cement. The kids did a great job. Out of 10 groups, we only had 2 broken eggs.

When we came in from egg-flinging and were working on the write-up, a kid asked me, "I know they won't, because they've been in the fridge, but if they could hatch, I bet the chicks would be really deformed." I responded that if the eggs hatched, it would be a MIRACLE, because I don't have a rooster. Took the kid a couple minutes to get what I was saying!

These aren't even city slicker kids. You don't get a whole lot more "out in the country" than Morton! Maybe we need a new course of study in science after Spring Break...

--Nikki

When we came in from egg-flinging and were working on the write-up, a kid asked me, "I know they won't, because they've been in the fridge, but if they could hatch, I bet the chicks would be really deformed."  I responded that if the eggs hatched, it would be a MIRACLE, because I don't have a rooster.  Took the kid a couple minutes to get what I was saying!

These aren't even city slicker kids.  You don't get a whole lot more "out in the country" than Morton!  Maybe we need a new course of study in science after Spring Break...

--Nikki

Lol

Back
Top Bottom