Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

And we'd like to meet you!
You're the second person asking for a Sunday so let's go with Sunday.
Any particular time?

edited to add:
Slinglings, you wanted Sunday, too. How about you? What time works best?
I'm open all day.
That might be because she knew I was keen on Sunday?
wink.png
If we could do it sometime between 11 and 4 it would be awesome the Farmers Market is running there. I love to have a look at what's there.

Butchered some meaties (himself did) so today I'm going to can some up. I like canned chicken; it's ready cooked, plus, it saves freezer space. While I love to cook, there are those days when I want something simple, but NOT fast food. I might try some fish as well.

Now that the pasture is back (with a vengeance, all that duck and chicken poo made it really lush) we are thinking of getting more poultry. I miss those lovely fresh eggs
sad.png
My friend here has a population explosion of skovie ducks !

That might be because she knew I was keen on Sunday?
wink.png
If we could do it sometime between 11 and 4 it would be awesome the Farmers Market is running there. I love to have a look at what's there.
OK, Paradox, let's make it NOON on this Sunday at the Lake Forest Park Third Place Books Commons.
(We try to meet there every couple months. There's a core group of - I don't know 10, 12 of us maybe? It will be nice to meet you.)

Again, I really encourage new people to come. We usually have some sort of chicken related item or a sign on the table so the new people can spot us. Either that or look for remnants of chicken poo on our shoes ;)

I thought it was just they had the right to test your birds at the show if you weren't already certified. Think there was a paragraph about that somewhere I read recently.
All my birds are blood tested on site at the County fair here.
They do not charge for this testing.
As long as I have been a member of WA Feather fanciers, they have not had anyone on site to test birds although they do say in their flyers that they will.

Hello all. New to posting, but have been reading and learning lots on the past two months since we started this chicken adventure. I am in SW Wash and have 8 chickens ... 3 red sex links, 2 spotted Sussex, and 3 amauracauna bantams (one is a Roo so will need to find a new home soon!).
Welcome to BYC !!!!!!!!!!!
Ask any questions you'd like !!!!!

My now 3 week old miracle chick that hatched on day 28. It was the only survivor of that hatch and all the adult silkies have been feeding and caring for it. I've never seen them treat any chick like this.

Back
Top Bottom